General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
#105636 Around 1999, I had a full collection of around 40-50x Aphex LPs and 12"s. Everything up to and inc. Richard D James album.

And one day I was chatting to a guy who said he quite liked that stuff, but didn't have any of the records. So I gave them all to him.

True story.

A bit like Chris Cooper in Adaptation, when he says that one day he just decided he was "done with fish."

By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Around 1999, I had a full collection of around 40-50x Aphex LPs and 12"s. Everything up to and inc. Richard D James album.

And one day I was chatting to a guy who said he quite liked that stuff, but didn't have any of the records. So I gave them all to him.

True story.

A bit like Chris Cooper in Adaptation, when he says that one day he just decided he was "done with fish."

You Sir are a generous man.
Stupid, but generous :-)
By inksb
#105756 That sucks. I'll have to check mine out tonight and make sure there is no damage to it. Is the scratch on the LP or the artwork?
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote:That sucks. I'll have to check mine out tonight and make sure there is no damage to it. Is the scratch on the LP or the artwork?

On the LP itself, it's definitely a one off thing, I just got the luck of the draw
By BurningTapes
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:
inksb wrote:That sucks. I'll have to check mine out tonight and make sure there is no damage to it. Is the scratch on the LP or the artwork?

On the LP itself, it's definitely a one off thing, I just got the luck of the draw

Sorry to hear that! Isn’t 2HD sorting a replacement for you?
By inksb
#105981 I hosted a small get together. The LP queue went something like this:

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
The Black Crowes - Before the Frost....Until the Freeze (haven't heard this in years, love it)
Prince - Dirty Mind
Graham Reznik - Glass Angeles (the wife chose this record, I was surprised and super proud of her)
Zephaniah Ohara - This Highway (insanely good country record)
Grateful Dead - Workingman's Dead

It was a good evening, lots of beer, music and home made nachos.
By Revolver_OcelScott
BurningTapes wrote:
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:

Sorry to hear that! Isn’t 2HD sorting a replacement for you?

They are! Which I'm so happy about. They (and you folks) rock!
By Mateo Sanboval
#106190 I'm going to have to revisit this album. With all the love it's been getting around here of late I'm thinking I may have missed something back in the day.
By bpwlogan
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I'm going to have to revisit this album. With all the love it's been getting around here of late I'm thinking I may have missed something back in the day.

I always thought this was his fourth or fifth best recording at best. I think albums like Lick My Decals Off, Baby, Shiny Beast, Doc at the Radar Station, and Ice Cream for Crow were better produced albums. Just my opinion though and many people say that I'm wrong on this issue. I believe that Trout Mask Replica was placed in the National Recording Registry in 2009/2010; So, maybe I missed something too!
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:I'm going to have to revisit this album. With all the love it's been getting around here of late I'm thinking I may have missed something back in the day.

I always thought this was his fourth or fifth best recording at best. I think albums like Lick My Decals Off, Baby, Shiny Beast, Doc at the Radar Station, and Ice Cream for Crow were better produced albums. Just my opinion though and many people say that I'm wrong on this issue. I believe that Trout Mask Replica was placed in the National Recording Registry in 2009/2010; So, maybe I missed something too!

It takes all sorts to make a world, BPW.
By Bezulsqy
bpwlogan wrote:Hope that came out ok Bez. The cover art on that TMR edition looks awesome. Enjoy!

I sounds really good in my opinion. Beautiful package all together.
By texasvinyl
#106443 I'm off until next Monday, time to crank up some dub! Haven't listened to this record in like ten years. Its great. Too bad I can't partake anymore this is perfect music to blaze to.
Attachments
IMG_20180703_165520535.jpg