General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
#112078 I don't have that one inksb, I have Coastaldives, Jacob Newman and We Could Die Here. So BLUD-11/12/14, I probably missed the 小圈子 tape by not much. I wish I could have more, but I try to catch up on records on my wantlist, and tapes have had a lower priority in my budget, so I didn't get much of Bludhoney's stuff, bu I like their releases.

S U R V I V E
"s000" CS, 2012 reissue, 100 copies.
Holodeck Records
By Mateo Sanboval
#112082 Great spins, Nathan!

And I still haven't listened to the last couple of Bludhoney tapes I bought. I kind of bought them on autopilot and just haven't made the time. *ducks*
By NathanLurker
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Great spins, Nathan!

And I still haven't listened to the last couple of Bludhoney tapes I bought. I kind of bought them on autopilot and just haven't made the time. *ducks*

Thanks

You do buy a lot of tapes, you have a lot of stuff to go through. I see you in my bandcamp feed. A lot of digital too.

---
WILD SAFARI
"We Laid Our Heads In Their Laps" CS, 2011, 100 copies.
Bathetic Records

Lo fi ambient with distant guitar and effects. One of the two band members is William Cody Watson (aka Pink Priest and a few other monikers) whose music outputs I used to follow closely.

By Mateo Sanboval
NathanLurker wrote:You do buy a lot of tapes, you have a lot of stuff to go through. I see you in my bandcamp feed. A lot of digital too.

Yeah, for a little while (too long) I was turntableless and just crushing tapes. Listening every day. Since I got a TT back in house, and later a new amp, I've been neglecting them something fierce.

As for the digital, most of that is free codes. Occasionally I buy an album/discography on the cheap to ensure that I'll have access to music that is largely sample based since those things have a tendency to vaporize from b/c without notice.