General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
#111301 @max, I can't wait to get the Pieces collection. Hoping it shows up this weekend or early next week.

Any of you pick this bad boy up? It's fucking killer

It's from Doug Shipton over at Finders Keepers records, he calls it his "all vinyl ex-Yugo mixtape" If you want a copy just message him on Twitter or Instagram. It ran me £15 shipped to the US.

And I also got this the other day, another home run for @Spunoutofcontrol

By inksb
#111374 @deafmetal, I think I had that tape on last week 3 times in a row one evening. It's truly beautiful. I like it more than the last one I think, although since I don't have the physical tape of that one, it get's listened to less on the home system.

This came in the mail over the weekend. I can't wait to give it a listen this week. I haven't played this since it came out on GC years ago and don't really remember the music so it should be a fun revisit.

By inksb
#111400 @max, it's definitely a bootleg. A company called Select Start Records has been releasing small runs of videogame soundtracks. Zelda A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island, Sonic 2, Metroid Fusion, Luigi's Mansion and today Michael Jackson's Moonwalker will be getting a small run. They are pricey, $15 plus $5 shipping, quality varies, they are OK overall nothing special but I love this kind of crap so I buy every one.
By maxlevel
#111401 @inksb Yeah I do like a good arcade tape. I have an original Out Run tape somewhere, plus the Nmesh Warp Zone tape set. Incredible mix. When I first listened to it I thought it was melting my brain
By inksb
#111403 I've never heard of the Nmesh Warp zone tape. I'm currently listening on bandcamp. Anything with an Altered Beast sample in the first 10 seconds has my attention. I see they did two editions, the first one has such a cool design, Sonic/Sega case, the rerelease with bad Super Mario art is well just bad.
By inksb
#111408 I'm half way through and it's awesome. So strange and fun. Really wish I could have grabbed one of these but it's years old at this point and there is one on discogs for $70. I can just make my own for a fraction of the price if I wanted a physical copy.

Thanks for posting the pic @max. I love those audiobook style cases. I have two releases in packaging like that, Suoni della paura III & Walpurgisnacht.
By deafmetal
#111410 @inks - Yeah, they sold quickly. I missed the Sonic edition, but bagged a Mario when they repressed. That works out for me as I never owned a Genesis, but our family had a NES. ;)
By Mateo Sanboval
maxlevel wrote:Busy morning in windy London Town...

Step one, coffee!
Step two, listen to a half dozen or so tapes.
Step three (time permitting), put up wind chimes.
By inksb
#111455 Looks like a great morning @max, I barely slept due to an awful sore throat and couldn't talk when I woke up. I almost stayed home from work which would have resulted in a day of lots of listening.
By maxlevel
#111464 Is good to have a pile to work through! Unfortunately/ maybe fortunately I’m between projects so got a bit of spare time while I avoid doing my tax return
By Hatter313
maxlevel wrote:Soothing

‘Tis the season, I’ll probably watch those a few times each over the next week