General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
Tara747842 wrote:Oh, this forum thread is the most popular, so it seems to me very useful and interesting. So, thank you for informing. Take care.

Great to have you on board, @Tara!!!

What's your favourite Vaporwave act?

And while I have your ear...wonder if you could help- I just can't seem to pass a college exam. Been stuck here repeating this course for 23 years now... :(
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:
Tara747842 wrote:Oh, this forum thread is the most popular, so it seems to me very useful and interesting. So, thank you for informing. Take care.

Great to have you on board, @Tara!!!

What's your favourite Vaporwave act?

And while I have your ear...wonder if you could help- I just can't seem to pass a college exam. Been stuck here repeating this course for 23 years now... :(

Stand down, Tara. I got this.
By deafmetal
#107599 Image
This is excellent. Enjoying the mix of electronics, even some pretty slamming electro/techno helping to a move along my Saturday afternoon. A bit creepy as well, nice release @Spun.
By Spun out of control
#107601 @deafmetal

Cheers Mark... yes 'Suzy Went Missing' is almost like a missing Nicolas Winding Refn soundtrack to my ears... mood stuff and then some dance floor bangers thrown in that I'm sure would get him gyrating around the room. :)
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Nice haul, Max. I'm particularly envious of When Haro Met Sally.

Two Headed Dog just posted more copies of the vinyl edition if you are interested in that. Not sure how many but that might be your chance.

http://www.twoheadeddog.com/d-a-l-i-whe ... -sally-lp/

Thanks for the heads up, Inks. That's much appreciated, but I think this is a cassette kind of release for me.
By inksb
#107649 I feel ya on that one. It's part of the aesthetic of the release. Plus who doesn't want that sweet yellow/black checkered tape. I hope mine finds it way across the Atlantic alright, I always get a little worried when something like that sells out so fast.
By maxlevel
#107832 Lovely bit of early Cajun folk music for a rainy Monday morning. Nabbed from Bleep when I ordered the aphex tape

Edit: just been browsing and this is from the wonderful Death Is not The End label, a library label of acoustic recordings from between the wars. I have the The Harry Smith anthology is especially brilliant. Norman has a selection of the tapes and here’s discogs https://www.discogs.com/label/705215-De ... ot-The-End
Last edited by maxlevel on Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
By inksb
maxlevel wrote:Lovely bit of early Cajun folk music for a rainy Monday morning. Nabbed from Bleep when I ordered the aphex tape

Edit: just been browsing and this is from the wonderful Death Is not The End label, a library label of acoustic recordings from between the wars. I have the The Harry Smith anthology is especially brilliant. Norman has a selection of the tapes and here’s discogs https://www.discogs.com/label/705215-De ... ot-The-End

They are a great little label. One of my favorites from them is Death May Be Your Christmas Gift. I missed out on the tape release but had no problem buying the digital version. Washington Phillips release is pretty good too. One that fascinated me, even though I don't listen to it very often it's worth a listen is Mushroom Ceremony of the Mazatec Indians of Mexico

https://deathisnot.bandcamp.com/album/d ... stmas-gift
By Mateo Sanboval
#108069 Image
D.A.L.I - When Haro Met Sally
Neon-tinted memories of a childhood spent in the perpetual haze of a West Coast Summer warped by decades in the echo chamber of one's own mind finally let out again to breathe the warm, salty Pacific air. A fine way to greet the day.
By deafmetal
#108094 @Mateo - That really paints a picture. I was doing a lot of west coast dreaming back then. I’ll have to keep an eye out for that tape.

Saturday afternoon like