General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Mateo Sanboval
Spun out of control wrote:Good lord, what a horde @mateo!

Those Majeure tapes are beauties... :)

Thanks, Spun. The other box is a bit less sexy, but has some cool new age as well as 80s/90s soundtracks and albums. I'll get 'round to it soonish.
By inksb
#105733 @Mateo you're a monster, that's awesome. Now I have some good firepower when the wife complains about my collection, I can just pull this up and say "see, at least I don't have this much"

Also those Bludhoney tapes crack me up, you can't tell what any of those are. I love the packaging with the seal but I threw mine out, it doesn't stay on and I can't tell what it is.
By Dollarhyde
#105739 Epic stuff @mateo that abul mogard tape! The song Android maneuveres is exclusive to that tape and is my favourite track of his.

Have got any Japanese cassettes?

I don't think there are cassette Obi's but they make up for it with the packaging :)

/\ Not mine /\ unfortunately... Yet.
By Mateo Sanboval
#105741 Thanks for the comments, Lads. I wish this was the lot of it, but it ain't. There's another batch about two thirds this size.

@Dollar - Agreed on the Mogard thoughts. He is fantastic and that track is among my faves as well. And, no, I don't have any Japanese cassettes...yet.
By Spun out of control
#105763 Those Japanese tapes look great, never seen any like that in the wild - apropos of nothing, I also note that the pricing given on the spine is similar (or exact) to the price that vinyl LPs are normally listed at, so I guess not the cheap(er) alternative they sometimes are...
By maxlevel
#105766 Holy shit @mateo

Is that Suzanne Ciani tape any good? I’ve got a hankering

Also what are those black card cased ones in the last photo?
By Mateo Sanboval
maxlevel wrote:Holy shit @mateo

Is that Suzanne Ciani tape any good? I’ve got a hankering

Also what are those black card cased ones in the last photo?

Max, Ciani is super legit. She's one of the pioneers in my mind. I have a few of her cassettes and the two pictured here, Neverland and The Velocity Of Love are two of her best in my opinion. Velocity is probably my pick of the two.
By Dollarhyde
Spun out of control wrote:Those Japanese tapes look great, never seen any like that in the wild - apropos of nothing, I also note that the pricing given on the spine is similar (or exact) to the price that vinyl LPs are normally listed at, so I guess not the cheap(er) alternative they sometimes are...

Wow not noticed that before, very odd as the vinyl is a full colour gatefold with insert and a full colour obi.
Or in laputa's case, insert, obi, gatefold plus anime cell overlay in the gatefold.
By Dollarhyde
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
maxlevel wrote:Neverland and The Velocity Of Love are two of her best in my opinion. Velocity is probably my pick of the two.

Second the Ciani, I have Seven waves, such a chilled listen soo goood. The reissued finders keepers stuff is good too

https://www.discogs.com/Suzanne-Ciani-S ... se/1863241

Not heard those two @Mateo will look into velocity of love.
By Mateo Sanboval
Dollarhyde wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
maxlevel wrote:Neverland and The Velocity Of Love are two of her best in my opinion. Velocity is probably my pick of the two.

Second the Ciani, I have Seven waves, such a chilled listen soo goood. The reissued finders keepers stuff is good too

https://www.discogs.com/Suzanne-Ciani-S ... se/1863241

Not heard those two @Mateo will look into velocity of love.

Seven Waves is the top of the pops.
By Bezulsqy
#106007 Image

First time for me a new tape release was not rewinded on side A.

Correction: it was rewinded on side A, but the print on the shell is the other way around.
By Bezulsqy
BurningTapes wrote:Ooo exclusive misprint edition? Sorry about that, hope it doesn’t detract too much from the monstrous sounds

It was rather awesome :-)
Terriferric tape!

Now this as while I am fingering my plants.

By Mateo Sanboval
Spun out of control wrote:Sharing my most recent pick ups... the Acid Vatican is an under the radar Antoni Maiovvi release, apparently...

Nice haul, Spun. What's the rightmost tape? Acid Vatican is a Maiovvi/Technicolor joint effort if memory serves.
By Spun out of control
#106050 Yep, that's correct, sir... the tape over at the right is by Dollboy - 'Rites and Rituals' - a strange blend of synth and folk that I thought was quite interesting :)

https://musiqueparavion.bandcamp.com/album/dollboy-rites-and-rituals
By inksb
#106051 Thanks for posting that @spunoutofcontrol I sampled that Acid Vatican on their bandcamp and immediately bought it. Sounds awesome.