General tape / cassette talk here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
#105296 Question for you guys, how do you go about uploading pictures here? Do you use an external site and then link to it or just use the upload attachment? Just curious what others do as I feel like it's a pain to post pictures here and maybe I'm just making it more difficult than it has to be.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote:Question for you guys, how do you go about uploading pictures here? Do you use an external site and then link to it or just use the upload attachment? Just curious what others do as I feel like it's a pain to post pictures here and maybe I'm just making it more difficult than it has to be.

I use Imgur. More info here:
viewtopic.php?p=86844#p86844
By maxlevel
#105299 Love that morricone artwork! Does it sound good?

@inksby you have to host externally. What I do is upload to imgur, and then post the long browser link in here using the ‘img’ tags. It’s a bit long winded but I have it down to 3 clicks now
By inksb
#105301 Do you do it through your phone? I tried the imgr app on my phone and it never would connect and constantly gave me errors so I deleted it.
By Bezulsqy
inksb wrote:Do you do it through your phone? I tried the imgr app on my phone and it never would connect and constantly gave me errors so I deleted it.

I use the app on my iPhone to upload pictures. No problems with it at all.
By Spun out of control
#105308 Hey @mateo

In fact ClayPipe did a Jon Brooks cassette a few months back - a re-issue of his Shapwick album. ;)

If you missed it, you *do not* want to look at how much it's going for on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/Jon-Brooks-Shapwick/release/11299978

The Hardy Tree is lovely tho'. This and the Jon Brooks are certainly the first tapes they've done for a long while at least.
By Mateo Sanboval
Spun out of control wrote:Hey @mateo

In fact ClayPipe did a Jon Brooks cassette a few months back - a re-issue of his Shapwick album. ;)

If you missed it, you *do not* want to look at how much it's going for on Discogs:

https://www.discogs.com/Jon-Brooks-Shapwick/release/11299978

The Hardy Tree is lovely tho'. This and the Jon Brooks are certainly the first tapes they've done for a long while at least.

Those prices. Chrissakes.
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote:
inksb wrote:Question for you guys, how do you go about uploading pictures here? Do you use an external site and then link to it or just use the upload attachment? Just curious what others do as I feel like it's a pain to post pictures here and maybe I'm just making it more difficult than it has to be.

I use Imgur. More info here:
viewtopic.php?p=86844#p86844

After struggling with this I finally got it. Thanks! Greatly appreciated.

Here's my newest aquisition

By inksb
#105325 Their releases sell out so fast, it's ridiculous. I was really bummed, I discovered them looking for Hyper Light Drifter OST which was long sold out and they had just released 小圈子
by 輕描淡寫. I sampled it on bandcamp, wanted to listen to it again the next day and decided I would buy the tape only to discover it had sold out over night.
By Mateo Sanboval
#105328 I have most of their cassettes, but they've lost me a bit recently. The Rashida Prime was a nice return to form.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:Did you purchase the 小圈子 tape?

What is up with the pieces of candy that they package with their tapes?

I did. In fact, I believe that was my last one purchased, but I have not listened to it yet. The candy is just one of their little gimmicks. Lots of tape labels do little things like that. I've never consumed one, but I'd wager they are honey candies.
By inksb
#105347 Weird. I don't really eat hard candies so I just threw it out. If you do ever listen to that tape and ultimately decide you don't want it let me know, I'll take it off your hands. :)
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:Weird. I don't really eat hard candies so I just threw it out. If you do ever listen to that tape and ultimately decide you don't want it let me know, I'll take it off your hands. :)

I toss 'em as well, but I know plenty of folks who keep all of that stuff. As to the tape, I'm going to be doing quite a bit of paring in that department over the next few weeks and will definitely letb you know if that one ends up in the out box.
By Mateo Sanboval
#105724 A box of tapes I unpacked and organized the other day. I need to pull my other box out of storage and do the same. Then it's time to pare back a bit.