Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By ScoJo
skeletonbutt wrote:Don't care about colors I just want a copy! Already got the omitted songs on vinyl anyways so that's not a dealbreaker. Awesome. Hope part 2 is next.

Shakedown, takedown.... yer busted!!
By Mateo Sanboval
#111565 https://enjoytheriderecords.com/collections/enjoy-the-ride-records/products/music-from-the-motion-picture-beverly-hills-cop-by-harold-faltermeyer-etr084?variant=14574559133739
Faltermeyer is up.

PS - I definitely did NOT buy all three variants.
By skeletonbutt
Mateo Sanboval wrote:https://enjoytheriderecords.com/collections/enjoy-the-ride-records/products/music-from-the-motion-picture-beverly-hills-cop-by-harold-faltermeyer-etr084?variant=14574559133739
Faltermeyer is up.

PS - I definitely did NOT buy all three variants.

Great, THREE splatter versions? Can't have one solid color? I wonder if the banana would possibly be the least noisy? Surely the cop car variant would have the chance to sound the worst? So many questions.
By ScoJo
#111577 Yeah, as much as I want this (and I really want it), I guess Im gonna play the waiting game on this one and see if it limps out to retail down the line as did True Romance. $50 shipped to the UK for a single lp can go eat a bag of d*cks.
By Mateo Sanboval
#111579 I bought the "banana swirl" for $25 from a US merchant. I refuse to let any Faltermeyer vinyl go unpurchased, but I am not all about that cop car triple split splatter life.

No offense to anyone who is.

Well, maybe a little.
By BurningTapes
#111580 I think some of you guys are over thinking the splatter effect a little. The colours used in the press will have more of an impact on sound than the splatter effect. It’s only when you combine several factors (a la candy corn) that you get bull shit quality
By skeletonbutt
ScoJo wrote:Yeah, as much as I want this (and I really want it), I guess Im gonna play the waiting game on this one and see if it limps out to retail down the line as did True Romance. $50 shipped to the UK for a single lp can go eat a bag of d*cks.

Same, it was over $50 shipped to Canada. I'll wait and get it on Amazon for cheaper.
By texasvinyl
#111582 Don't buy this version it is piss poor. I mean what a half assed effort. I was pissed, they charged like $40 for this, and it shouldn't have been more than $12 based on the record and jacket quality.
Attachments
IMG_20180906_181040361.jpg
By inksb
#111659 What price point is Home Alone at? That might make a good gift for my wife this Xmas as she absolutely loves that film.
By Mateo Sanboval
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:Home Alone getting another pressing this Wednesday on Mondo! I don't know why I passed on it the last 2 times, but am very happy to grab it this time. Now I just need a repress of Gremlins!

I've passed on both of these as well and, much like Scrooged, I don't think a December passes where these aren't viewed with reverie at stately Sanboval Manor. And, also much like Scrooged, they are scores I've rarely, if ever, listened to outside of their respective films. Perhaps it is time for a trio of revisits.

inksb wrote:What price point is Home Alone at? That might make a good gift for my wife this Xmas as she absolutely loves that film.

Mrs Sanboval as well.
By Hatter313
#111662 Scrooged score on its own is amazing.

True story, my friends and I quote Scrooged at least once a day every day for the past several years. It’s become a quota and a challenge to work it into every day conversation.

Not a highball ordered, not a harpsichord heard, god forbid someone mentions a Claire or a frank or a half a pound of veal. Lest there be a New York dolls song on the radio or John houseman in a movie, it’s gotten nearly inesacapable in my group. Try mentioning the A &P around us or Richard burton and it’s all over. No one in my circle has EVER said “lee majors”without shouting it at the top of their lungs.

When Mary Lou retton anounced her divorce last week it didn’t stop.

Which is why I’ve been monumentality pleased that you have dropped refs to that movie a few times in the past few weeks.
By Mateo Sanboval
#111664 That's a level of dedication and deep inside chicanery that warms the cockles on a cold Autumn evening, Hat. Beautiful stuff.
By Hatter313
#111669 You still tryin’ to run it?

(This will go on interminably if you let it, fair warning)
By Hatter313
#111673 Cross/‘kros/n: a thing they nail people to.

I can do this all day. And this is the LEAST of the films we do this with (you can imagine it drives some spouses quite up the wall)
By inksb
#111674 This doesn't belong here but I don't give a fuck I'm excited. I just found out last night that Claudio Simonetti's Goblin is performing their live rescore to Suspiria about an hour and a half from me next friday. I just grabbed tickets for 6th row center. This is my first live rescore I've ever been to. I almost made it to a Frizzi one a year or two ago but had to change plans at the last minute. I can't wait.
By ScoJo
inksb wrote:This doesn't belong here but I don't give a fuck I'm excited. I just found out last night that Claudio Simonetti's Goblin is performing their live rescore to Suspiria about an hour and a half from me next friday. I just grabbed tickets for 6th row center. This is my first live rescore I've ever been to. I almost made it to a Frizzi one a year or two ago but had to change plans at the last minute. I can't wait.

Inks, BE excited! You're no doubt in for a thriller... and your first live score? That's superb.

I saw CS's Goblin perform with Dawn of the Dead a few years ago (had the honour of being their dj/warmup too which was awesome...) and it was so damn good.
Equally thrilling was the hour-long set of tunes played after the flick, which I gather is a standard thing from what @deaf and others have said. This is a gig in itself basically, and it's unthinkable that this alone will not knock you out of your boots. They played 'Suspiria' as part if their set when I saw them, and it was pure... chills.