Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By static14
ScoJo wrote:I believe I am purchasing this. I believe I am purchasing this right now.

It’s just as epic as it sounds.
By Mateo Sanboval
#107779 I'd like to have heard the 1993 version. I believe was performed with more synth and less orchestra. But, if I'm being honest, this one didn't really do it for me.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:
jgibbs4053 wrote:Looks like it already sold out at Transmission

Hoping this will get stocked at Forced Exposure or another US distro.

It almost definitely will. I can't remember the last time I couldn't get an MOV release at a reasonable rate stateside.
By Dollarhyde
#107805 Hi all, been meaning to get back on the forum but so little time. But had to give a heads up that daughters of darkness is currently up for pre order at Norman records! Big thanks to scojo for the heads up
By reddye6
#107811 edsawesomesounds.com in the US as Daughters of Darkness available for pre-order for $31.00. They also do free media mail shipping in the US.

They also have a buy 2/get 1 free vinyl discount going until tomorrow. From an email that I got from them last night:

Buy two get one free is active NOW using coupon code B2G1AGAIN at checkout.

Add three items to your cart and get one free, audio equipment does not count for a freebie, all vinyl does count. Only works once per order so if you buy 6 use two orders, etc.

Coupon B2G1AGAIN is good through Monday 8-13.
By ScoJo
#107812 Always a pleasure to see you here @Dollar

It genuinely warms my heart to see all this enthusiasm for Daughters.... anyone who had a copy of my old handmade edition will know that there's some truly spectacular 70s lyrical horror music in that movie.
Last edited by ScoJo on Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By static14
reddye6 wrote:edsawesomesounds.com in the US as Daughters of Darkness available for pre-order for $31.00. They also do free media mail shipping in the US.

They also have a buy 2/get 1 free vinyl discount going until tomorrow. From an email that I got from them last night:

Buy two get one free is active NOW using coupon code B2G1AGAIN at checkout.

Add three items to your cart and get one free, audio equipment does not count for a freebie, all vinyl does count. Only works once per order so if you buy 6 use two orders, etc.

Coupon B2G1AGAIN is good through Monday 8-13.

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered three from them :)
By reddye6
#107823 An update on the bootleg Texas Chainsaw Massacre OST LP:

I called The Archive in Bridgeport, CT, and they have no more in stock. They are hoping to get more soon; they'll be reaching out to the source soon. Also, they are working currently on getting online ordering set up. The guy with whom I talked suggested that I (we) watch their online channels, especially Instagram, because that is where they post their new, in-stock items.
By ScoJo
#107824 Great work @redeye. I was lucky enough to get a direct hookup thru a mutual contact, have a copy en route. The guy is understandably skittish about being 'ratted out' by dealers etc, so I've been asked to keep on downlow. But your approach sounds like best way to go about getting copy, since buying from Archive would protect his anonymity. Good luck fellas.
By ScoJo
#107835 Transmission tweeted that they scored more copies of DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS, but they're now sold out at source. Seems there's lots of interest in this, woot. I've ordered 3x copies in total- might be first time I've ever done this, but wanna increase odds of a good flaw-free copy, and will def want to shelve a copy as I'll be rinsing this LP to death ;)

I noticed Norman still showing stock too.
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:Transmission tweeted that they scored more copies of DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS, but they're now sold out at source. Seems there's lots of interest in this, woot. I've ordered 3x copies in total- might be first time I've ever done this, but wanna increase odds of a good flaw-free copy, and will def want to shelve a copy as I'll be rinsing this LP to death ;)

I did read somewhere that a black vinyl release also would become available at a later date.
That is probably why MOV refers to this a first pressing of 666:

https://www.musiconvinyl.com/catalog/or ... 3GTmOgzbcs
By ScoJo
Bezulsqy wrote:
ScoJo wrote:Transmission tweeted that they scored more copies of DAUGHTERS OF DARKNESS, but they're now sold out at source. Seems there's lots of interest in this, woot. I've ordered 3x copies in total- might be first time I've ever done this, but wanna increase odds of a good flaw-free copy, and will def want to shelve a copy as I'll be rinsing this LP to death ;)

I did read somewhere that a black vinyl release also would become available at a later date.

Ooh, I hope that's the case. Can you recall where you read about black pressing?
By Bezulsqy
ScoJo wrote:
Bezulsqy wrote:

Ooh, I hope that's the case. Can you recall where you read about black pressing?

In the comments here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmTPCuMFNRF ... recordshop

Transmission says: later in the year
By Mateo Sanboval
#107841 I'm sure it's happened, but I cannot recall the last time a MOV colored vinyl release wasn't succeeded by a black run.
By craiged
#107842 A bit of an odd one but here is a 12LP & 7" boxset of the entire The League of Gentlemen radio & tv series

https://www.alocalshop.co.uk/products/s ... 6200513603

Welcome To Royston Vasey. Available for the very first time on vinyl, Demon Records proudly present ‘Special Stuff’, The League Of Gentlemen’s vinyl cuts Box Set. Including the original BBC radio series, and every episode of the first three TV series presented on heavyweight 180gm vinyl.

Presented as 4 x 3LP gatefolds, and housed in a uniquely designed ‘Special Stuff’ box in homage to master butcher Hilary Briss.

Created in conjunction with the League Of Gentlemen, and featuring beautiful original artwork by horror legend Graham Humphreys, ‘Special Stuff’ includes:

On the Town with The League of Gentlemen – The original BBC radio series
The League of Gentlemen: Series One – A Local Shop For Local People – The Complete BBC TV Series
The League of Gentlemen: Series Two – You’re My Wife Now – The Complete BBC TV Series
The League of Gentlemen: Series Three – Do You Want A Bag With That? – The Complete BBC TV Series
Exclusive one sided 7” single of Creme Brulee’s ‘Voodoo Lady’ with etched B-side
Exclusive sleeve notes my Mark Gatiss, Steve Pemberton, Reece Shearsmith and Jeremy Dyson
Exclusive photo print signed by the League
Four unique 12” x 12” frame-ready prints
Strictly limited edition
By Hatter313
#107852 I'm going to try and not buy this, but thats really awesome. Some of the most uniquely bizarre comedy work ever made.
By Hatter313
#107876 can't wait