Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
#107803 Very early electronica.... from way back in 1962 (for fans of the Forbidden Planet soundtrack and pretty much anything by the Radiophonic Workshop). Very charming and rather splendid as well as being apparently quite rare.
Attachments
Electronic Movements Tom Dissevelt 45 rpm copy.jpg
By EvanCampbell
inksb wrote:Saturday morning jams!

My copy has a few minor issues, the end of side one had some bad pops for the last 30 seconds and the start of side two is really noisey for the first 10 seconds or so. Nothing I will bother with trying to exchange over. I received #430/500

I have the same issues in the same spots....for me they are not really minor issues as far as enjoying this but I am too lazy to send it back...I have been doing that too much recently. Pretty poor quality control on this release.

Breathalyzers on the production floor PLEASE!
ghost of mars.jpg
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:Ugh, c'mon Varese. I'd say give them the feedback on the pressing quality.

Same here. Mine arrives tomorrow and I can promise you, if mine sounds (and looks) like that, I definitely will.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
deafmetal wrote:Ugh, c'mon Varese. I'd say give them the feedback on the pressing quality.

Same here. Mine arrives tomorrow and I can promise you, if mine sounds (and looks) like that, I definitely will.

Oh no..... this all worries me, really hoping it's an intermittent pressing issue. Varese are usually very dependable in this department, I'm sure they'd respond well to request for replacement/feedback.
By Tron4Life
Mateo Sanboval wrote:

Looks pretty bad. I'm expecting mine to arrive later this week as well.
By reddye6
#107843 I should get mine today. It was supposed to arrive on Friday, but FedEx posted that they couldn't deliver it for some reason. Maybe screen doors are confusing. If it arrives, I'll report back on the condition of my vinyl.

I do feel that I've been seeing more of that kind of scuffing. I find that it doesn't often affect the sound, but it looks like ass and annoys me knowing that I spent a decent amount of money to purchase the album. What's causing it? Is it the shoving the vinyl in the sleeves or some other part of the manufacturing?
By reddye6
#107853 Just listened to my copy of Ghosts. I'd say my experience is the same as the others mentioned here -- some noise at the end of side A and the start of B. I didn't find the noise that bad -- I've definitely heard worse on new albums. I'm still considering writing to VS about the visual quality of the vinyl.
By bpwlogan
#107859 The sound quality on mine was fine but the vinyl had sleeve wear all over it. I always have issues with sleeve wear on records when they are packaged with these kind of inner sleeves that came with this release; it's practically like sending the vinyl out with no inner sleeve at all and just housing it in the cover. I gave mine a cleaning and placed it in a standard paper sleeve and it looks a lot better.
Attachments
image.jpg
By texasvinyl
deafmetal wrote:No martian ghosts over here yet, just some hard rockin' zombies!

Enjoying this, and the pressing sounds amazingly clean. Mastered by Portland local Joel Grind.

Pallas pressing !! @monster doing things the right way!
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:
deafmetal wrote:No martian ghosts over here yet, just some hard rockin' zombies!

Enjoying this, and the pressing sounds amazingly clean. Mastered by Portland local Joel Grind.

Pallas pressing !! @monster doing things the right way!

By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:@Mateo how’s the red sound?

Well, as you know, I'm not playing on my usual system but I think it sounds damn fine. Gave it a spinclean first of course. I'm very happy with this. Still not crazy about the track placement but love the fact that they're all here. How have you gotten on with the blue? How about other folks?
By inksb
#107905 I reached out to Varese yesterday to let them know a lot of people are having issues with their Ghosts of Mars LP. Here's the response I got this morning.

Thank you for much for reaching out to us. We became aware of this manufacturing issue yesterday and are working on a solution currently. I will put you on my list of customers who contacted us about the issue. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and will have a solution shortly. Thank you!
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:I reached out to Varese yesterday to let them know a lot of people are having issues with their Ghosts of Mars LP. Here's the response I got this morning.

Thank you for much for reaching out to us. We became aware of this manufacturing issue yesterday and are working on a solution currently. I will put you on my list of customers who contacted us about the issue. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, and will have a solution shortly. Thank you!

Good info, thanks. I've gone ahead and done the same.