Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By NathanLurker
#106757 HOUSE !

Need to pull this off the shelves and take it of a spin soon. The director has a new movie coming out, it's titled ''Hanagatami'' and it's showing this saturday at Montreal's Fantasia Film Festival and, of course, I've go my ticket. The movie's script was written before House, and is an adaptation of a novel.

Anyway, House is fantastic, love it.
By Mateo Sanboval
static14 wrote:Image

Every time I see this sleeve I see "Night Of The Toucher".

Underrated score.

A new one on me.

@Tim & Deaf - Killar's Dracula is awesome, but Ninth Gate will forever have my heart.
By Mateo Sanboval
tim28212 wrote:
Mateo Sanboval wrote:TIMOTHY

that spin was for you @mateo

You cut me to my marrow, sir.

Great spins, STBC. Papa's gotta go earn today so keep posting them thangs and help me forget about real life. Deuces!!
By texasvinyl
#106811 Image

Half price books had 40% off coupon day today. I didn't expect to walk out with a 1961 Brazilian pressing of this classic Gilberto record for $18. They have a US copy of Black Emmanuelle I put on hold, but that one will be $75 after coupon and haven't decided on it yet.
By ScoJo

Whooop! Should be arriving today here at Scoj Towers. Love this score so much- epic, quirky, dark in parts...a real standout comic book score for me, distinctive and flavourful. Especially awesome (in the orginal sense) is the cue when HB is being forced to bring the Old Ones to Earth...chills. It's quite Goldsmith-y in parts too, right?
The only mistep on the soundtrack is prominent use of that crappy noughties cover of Red Right Hand (ugh), I'm guessing they just couldn't get/afford rights to Bad Seeds. Bugs me every time!
By Mateo Sanboval
ScoJo wrote:

Whooop! Should be arriving today here at Scoj Towers. Love this score so much- epic, quirky, dark in parts...a real standout comic book score for me, distinctive and flavourful. Especially awesome (in the orginal sense) is the cue when HB is being forced to bring the Old Ones to Earth...chills. It's quite Goldsmith-y in parts too, right?
The only mistep on the soundtrack is prominent use of that crappy noughties cover of Red Right Hand (ugh), I'm guessing they just couldn't get/afford rights to Bad Seeds. Bugs me every time!

I love the Hellboy movies and their scores so much.
By ScoJo
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
ScoJo wrote:

I love the Hellboy movies and their scores so much.

C'est arrive, c'est magnifique!

The Varese Sarabande vinyl re-boot continues to make me a grinning fool.
By deafmetal
#106818 ImageBruno Nicolai - Indio Black (Adiós Sabata) [Dagored RED248 - 2018]

Orange transparent vinyl sounding excellent. I was hoping the sleeve would have a matte finish simliar to Death Rides a Horse, but Dagored is back to using a standard finish again. Nicolai and Western fans rejoice though... now we just need Giombini's Return of Sabata on wax to complete the trilogy.