Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
tim28212 wrote:this popped up at my local shop
Antarctica = 南極物語 - Vangelis
Polydor ‎– 28MM 0290

@tim - Nice scoop, I would like to pick up a copy of that some day soon.
Last edited by deafmetal on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By NathanLurker
#106063 @texasvinyl : Nice ! A legit release of that original Doom soundtrack would be very welcome. I'm also looking forward to the Quake soubndtrack release that has been anounced for a while now on the Nine inch Nails webstore.
By texasvinyl
#106065 The whole release is very unusual. The vinyl color effect, pressing quality are quite good. There is a proper jacket inside of a screen printed outer wrap, and a numbered print inside the jacket. Yet there were only 100 done. I think it turned out to be nicer than a lot of legit releases. I have absolutely no idea who put this together, but I'm happy to have a copy of it.
By ScoJo
#106130 The music of Francois de Roubaix lights a fire in my brain and soothes my soul...and labels such as WeMe (and now Transversales) are doing the Lord's work in finally releasing many of his greatest works onto LP. Le Saut de Ange/R.A.S is a doozie!

File 23-06-2018, 10 09 23.jpeg
By deafmetal
#106151 Image
This is really hitting the spot tonight. Sounding more electronic than I remember with all the synths (three musicians credited), and I'm trying to discern all the percussion instruments along with the Calypso stylings on the steel drums. Alternating sax and keys going wild at times. Some pretty intense cuts with booming drums and brass as well. Nice-sounding pressing for me.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:Image
This is really hitting the spot tonight. Sounding more electronic than I remember with all the synths (three musicians credited), and I'm trying to discern all the percussion instruments along with the Calypso stylings on the steel drums. Alternating sax and keys going wild at times. Some pretty intense cuts with booming drums and brass as well. Nice-sounding pressing for me.

Man, I really need to buy this, man. Stupid stupid prices.
By tim28212
Bezulsqy wrote:Image

What are the differences between the different Omen releases? I have this one and the Tattoo from 1976. I have never heard the Mondo version.

The RCA and the Tattoo are the same. The 2014 Mondo release has additional tracks. It's a vinyl edition of the CD Deluxe Edition from Varese Sarabande in 2001. In 2016 VS did yet another Deluxe 40th Anniversary edition with the rest of the missing music (a little over 2 minutes) some die hard fans complained about not being in the 2001 deluxe edition. The recent vinyl edition from VS is a remaster of the original RCA/Tattoo release.

Discogs Listing
By inksb
Bezulsqy wrote:This board is my inspiration.

Oh man, I always wanted to see Suspiria Part 2! That's amazing. Where do you get all these Japanese LP's? Are you paying crazy high prices for them?
By Bezulsqy
#106213 Thanks @Tim!
And @Inksb I assume you know that Suspiria part 2 = Profondo Rosso. They have nothing to do with each other content wise but in Japan a second vinyl release was marketed as Suspiria part 2. And at what point are prices insane :-)
By inksb
#106214 Haha, yeah we all know that Profondo Rosso is the sequel to the film that came out two years after! How about what is the average price of those Japanese LP's price point? I know we all have different limits on how much we consider "insane". I'm sure I would spend a lot of stupid money on that Goblin record if I saw it physically in front of me. Online I can talk myself out of that (most of the time)
By deafmetal
#106217 @inksb - Just use discogs or popsike as a guide. Average price for Profondo Rosso is ~$45 USD. The tricky part with Japanese pressings is just finding them, or figuring out how to import them directly from Japan yourself (which comes with extra costs such as proxy buyer fees, currency conversion, shipping, etc.)
Last edited by deafmetal on Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.