Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
#107436 Data Discs clarified with me earlier, US folks can order directly from their site no problem, it's just distribution in the US has issues.

And yeah that seems very fairly priced. I just paid $40 shipped for a 2LP set in the US from Mondo.
By texasvinyl
#109014 Super Mario 64 OST. Unofficial.

2nd (and final) wave of 150 copies goes on sale 4pm CST today. Aka in about 3 hours. At https://raygunvinyl.bigcartel.com

The first wave of 150 copies sold out in about 2 minutes.

It came out to about $56 shipped for me. I imagine this will not be an easy one to get once it is sold out.
By inksb
texasvinyl wrote:Super Mario 64 OST. Unofficial.

2nd (and final) wave of 150 copies goes on sale 4pm CST today. Aka in about 3 hours. At https://raygunvinyl.bigcartel.com

The first wave of 150 copies sold out in about 2 minutes.

It came out to about $56 shipped for me. I imagine this will not be an easy one to get once it is sold out.

I do not need this. I do not need this....I will probably order this.

I actually was just coming into this thread to ask a question of folks around here. I have seen a handful of bootleg VG OST's lately and I've figured out how to get info on some of them. Are any of you in the know and able to share info with me (it can be through PM if you don't want to post here). I use IG and Twitter to get info on some stuff but I don't have Facebook, so I know that I lack some info from that avenue. The VGvinyl sub on reddit does not allow bootleg talk (so strange to me, who gives a fuck). I have no qualms about buying boots of VG music, stuff like Mario 64 will never be licensed. I was lucky to be able to grab one of Moonshake's MM3 and it's awesome.

edit: Yup, I bought it. $58 poorer. I love Mario 64 so damn much I couldn't pass this up. And I'm buying Policenauts tomorrow so it's an expensive week
By inksb
#109230 Super jealous of that right there. I keep hoping Data Discs repress it. I almost won a copy on ebay for $35 a few months ago, I was unfortunately not available to play the last minute bidding game and the person won it for $36. I love those OSTs. Golden Axe and Altered Beast are forever burned into my brain from playing them endlessly on my Genesis.
By deafmetal
#109232 I never owned a Genesis, but Golden Axe was my go-to arcade machine. I wonder how different the Sega port sounds for the soundtrack. I had a port for PC that I loved because I could finally complete the game before running out of quarters.
By Jimmy_Mike
#109252 @deaf Same here. I once peed myself at Putt Putt rather than walk away and risk losing my progress. I like to think it was intentional. Great game.
By deafmetal
Jimmy_Mike wrote:@deaf Same here. I once peed myself at Putt Putt rather than walk away and risk losing my progress. I like to think it was intentional. Great game.

Now that is some epic dedication to the quest, JM.
By Mateo Sanboval
Jimmy_Mike wrote:@deaf Same here. I once peed myself at Putt Putt rather than walk away and risk losing my progress. I like to think it was intentional. Great game.

Is this at or near the top of your resumé? Because it should be at the top.
By reddye6
inksb wrote:I've been playing Into the Breach on and off for the last month or two, it's a great little strategy game. The soundtrack is really good. For those interested give it listen here https://benprunty.bandcamp.com/album/in ... soundtrack

I'd buy that if they put it on wax.

Ben Prunty also did the scores for the Faster Than Light games. Those are on vinyl from iam8bit.
By inksb
#109664 Alright so I've been mulling this over in my head for a bit and I kind of want to take a stab at it. I'm thinking of doing some of my own bootlegs for soundtracks I love from SNES & Genesis. I have three in particular that will be priority and if I like how they turn out I may do more. I have no intention of doing large runs and selling these to lots of people but since I'm making a few for myself and some friends I figured I would offer it up to folks on here too, cause I like you guys ;)

The titles I'm interested in making are TMNT IV Turtles in Time, Contra Hard Corps and Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2). These will be home dubbed, I'm in the process of experimenting on the best way to do this, I can record directly from the sound file or use MP3's, I'll be making test copies in the next few weeks in my spare time to see what the sound quality is, if they sound like shit I'm going to scrap the whole project. There will be printed J-Cards, not sure on what thickness, these will be tested on various weights.

If you are interested in any, let me know so when I place my blank tape order I'll be able to get enough for everyone. The price will be only to cover the cost to make the tape and ship to you so these should be pretty reasonable. If any one is an artist and would like to contribute some art, let me know.
By inksb
#110506 @texasvinyl did you grab the Luigi's Mansion tape from Select Start yesterday? He posted last night he only has 12 left, it's still available this morning but I'm willing to bet it's gone by the end of the day. I know he's doing tapes to offset the cost of the records he underestimated and put him self in a hole making but there is no reason these need to be $15 plus $5 shipping. I've done the pricing on runs of 50, 100 and 250 for stuff, $15 a tape is a little high. I hope he lowers them down to $10 in the future.
By texasvinyl
#110508 Nah I don't do tapes, don't have a tape player. Hoping I can get one of super Mario world LPs though, I missed the order but have some good stuff to trade for it like f zero and super Mario 64 (whenever that ships out)
By inksb
#110510 I was able to get a SMW from him, hoping the quality is good. I heard the F-Zero wasn't the greatest quality. What did you think of it?

I'm double posting this here for some else to see who may not check the Data Discs thread

Any one who missed Super Hang On, it's up on discogs for $44, which seems pretty reasonable. I'm trying to save money and can't grab this at the moment but figured I'd pass it along

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/795142669
By texasvinyl
#110514 I have no problem with f zero. It's a proper LP and not a lathe, so it sounds fine to me

If I hooked my SNES up to my mixer and did an A/B with the LP I bet you couldn't tell
By inksb
#110515 Good to know about that F-Zero. I like the soundtrack but not enough to pay more than the price it was sold for originally so I'm not too upset that I probably won't ever have it in my collection.
By Mateo Sanboval
#110516 I've got to find a way to stay better plugged in on the VGM front. I played F-Zero until my eyes bled back in the day. In fact, I can recall one night when my parents got a phone call from the Video Junction and realized that the late fees on F-Zero were larger than the cost of the game new. We had a quality conversation that evening.
By Hatter313
#110520 Speaking of VG scores, did Dracula X/Rondo of blood ever get a retail release or was it only the Comic Con release?
By inksb
#110524 @hatter313 just the con release so far, speculation is late October as there is the new season of Castlevania on Netflix and the PS4 release of Castlevania Requiem which is a two pack of Rondo and Symphony of the Night. I'm hoping this is true, especially since the October heavy hitters of Halloween have already been put up for sale. This week would have been perfect as it's a really light release week but who knows with Mondo.

@Mateo I can post what ever I come across for the bootleg front on here if you are interested. I've been kind of doing it lately but I can make a more conscious effort if you're interested in them. Although facebook and instagram seem like better sources for the super limited stuff. I'm not on facebook but I use IG for it. There is a Donkey Kong Country 2 LP in the works that I'm insanely excited about. I hope it comes to fruition, the music is apparently getting mastered right now and test pressings should be coming in shortly after.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote:@hatter313 just the con release so far, speculation is late October as there is the new season of Castlevania on Netflix and the PS4 release of Castlevania Requiem which is a two pack of Rondo and Symphony of the Night. I'm hoping this is true, especially since the October heavy hitters of Halloween have already been put up for sale. This week would have been perfect as it's a really light release week but who knows with Mondo.

@Mateo I can post what ever I come across for the bootleg front on here if you are interested. I've been kind of doing it lately but I can make a more conscious effort if you're interested in them. Although facebook and instagram seem like better sources for the super limited stuff. I'm not on facebook but I use IG for it. There is a Donkey Kong Country 2 LP in the works that I'm insanely excited about. I hope it comes to fruition, the music is apparently getting mastered right now and test pressings should be coming in shortly after.

Sorry....did you say that there's a PS4 release of Symphony and Rondo coming out...like the un US released rondo...Like am i going to have to buy a PS4 just for this...hot damn.