General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#112293 @steve loves me some azymuth. Don't know that one.

@texas made me do it.

A trio of absulote bangers! these Project re:vinyl reissues are pretty stellar.

No full YouTube clip of Rock communication, even though it is not quite as hedonistic as the other two it is equally killer.

https://www.discogs.com/Takeshi-Inomata ... e/12749610

https://www.discogs.com/Jirō-Inagaki-His-Soul-Media-Head-Rock/release/12753115

https://www.discogs.com/前田憲男とオールスターズ-Rock-Communication-八木節/release/11142616

https://youtu.be/xXxjw_dmdKw

https://youtu.be/inY4r9xtacY

https://youtu.be/PkLW47IGnAk
Attachments
IMG_20181201_225334_HDR.jpg
User avatar
By ScoJo
#112310
Steve Powder wrote:Saudades.

I love Brazilian music!



Me too, Steve!

Have been spinning this joyful Blue Brazilian noise myself today..

image.jpeg
User avatar
By Mateo Sanboval
#112332
Dollarhyde wrote:@steve loves me some azymuth. Don't know that one.

@texas made me do it.

A trio of absulote bangers! these Project re:vinyl reissues are pretty stellar.

No full YouTube clip of Rock communication, even though it is not quite as hedonistic as the other two it is equally killer.

https://www.discogs.com/Takeshi-Inomata ... e/12749610

https://www.discogs.com/Jirō-Inagaki-His-Soul-Media-Head-Rock/release/12753115

https://www.discogs.com/前田憲男とオールスターズ-Rock-Communication-八木節/release/11142616

https://youtu.be/xXxjw_dmdKw

https://youtu.be/inY4r9xtacY

https://youtu.be/PkLW47IGnAk

heh. I am the exact opposite, Brother Dollar. I love Rock Communication. It is definitely more my vibe than Sounds of Sound or Head Rock. Though they certainly seem of a piece, I prefer the smoother, tighter nature of Rock Communication to the psych freakout sounds of the other two. Though it is important to note that, as you said, all three are stone cold bangers.
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#112335
milliondollars wrote:@Dollar: where do you get these re:vinyl records from?



I got these from recordshop shibuya on discogs , but had to pay customs fees, which was a bitch, but they are really nice reissues sound and sleevewise.

Finding a seller with all the ones I want was key, they didn't have rock communication listed but still had it in stock after questioning them.

@mateo It is a Killer record I need more Norio in my life!
By Steve Powder
#112347
ScoJo wrote:
Steve Powder wrote:Saudades.

I love Brazilian music!



Me too, Steve!

Have been spinning this joyful Blue Brazilian noise myself today..

image.jpeg


It's a nice Joyce album! Particularly like the Clareana track, which was huge back then in the 70's. Like her Nelson Angelo duo also very much. Also do you know new stuff? I like this whacked out artist MC Bin Laden making experimental baile funk music which is funny as hell, his stuff is hit or miss mostly. A fun listen whichever is his É Grau EP. He can't come to the Americas because of his name for some reason...
User avatar
By ScoJo
#112348
Steve Powder wrote:
ScoJo wrote:
Steve Powder wrote:Saudades.

I love Brazilian music!



Me too, Steve!

Have been spinning this joyful Blue Brazilian noise myself today..

image.jpeg


It's a nice Joyce album! Particularly like the Clareana track, which was huge back then in the 70's. Like her Nelson Angelo duo also very much. Also do you know new stuff? I like this whacked out artist MC Bin Laden making experimental baile funk music which is funny as hell, his stuff is hit or miss mostly. A fun listen whichever is his É Grau EP. He can't come to the Americas because of his name for some reason...


Haha...I'll check him out!
User avatar
By Dollarhyde
#112352
milliondollars wrote:i was really hoping you did not get these from japan. the customs is always killing me...


I couldn't find them on Amazon Japan but its worth noting Amazon Japan (or at least when I bought those Ghibli lps) sort out your customs duty for you, so you don't get extortionate handling fees. Plus superfast delivery.

Also I'm sure some discogs sellers will do the good old adjusted purchase cost ;)

They had rock communication at Juno.co.uk but too pricey on its own.
User avatar
By texasvinyl
#112514 Some solid jazz stuff from the RSD list this year. I was able to snag this from plaid room records online leftovers.
Attachments
IMG_20181208_103132795.jpg
User avatar
By milliondollars
#112678 if i may recommend one more record for 2018, it would be this one. pure dopeness! i would say it is something between jazz and ambient but in a totally pleasant way. something to soothe your soul. really beautiful...you can hear the whole thing over at bandcamp.

if you are from the states, do yourself a favour and grab a copy...

https://www.discogs.com/Sam-Wilkes-Wilk ... e/12714827
Attachments
20181212_223738_resized.jpg
User avatar
By Mateo Sanboval
#112686 Can confirm. Wilkes is well worth your time. Sam Gendel, featured on this LP, does some really cool effects and layering with his sax. Reminds me a bit of Jon Hassell and his trumpet.
User avatar
By Mateo Sanboval
#112777
tim28212 wrote:Nancy Wilson / Cannonball Adderley
Capitol Records ‎– ST-1657
1962
we lost a great one this week

My goodness, I had not heard. RIP.
User avatar
By Mateo Sanboval
#112818
milliondollars wrote:this one is for you brother Mat. fantastic exotica album with an african swirl. get yourself a copy for your exotica section if it is not sitting there already...

https://www.discogs.com/Miriam-Burton-A ... se/8113575

20181218_193911_resized.jpg

Worth it for Rites Of Passage alone!
User avatar
By Jimmy_Mike
#112819 @millie @mateo - I pulled the trigger on that Sam Wilkes. Killer! Love the taste emanating from this thread.
User avatar
By milliondollars
#113653 hard to catch up with all these new jazz records and reissues. surely the Jazzman 5LP box set is on everyones lips but i think it is super overrated and i have already sold it. don't believe the hype. the presentation and music is quite nice and these albums are mad rare but it is really something i would not listen to more than twice. don't know how to explain it but the music is just not smooth enough for me.

there is one record that i would like to recommend though. finally got the new Nathan Davis 3LP and i think it's the shit! of course it is expensive but it sounds just right and this is the first time these amazing live sessions are being released. if you are interested be sure to get this directly from Fred, running his one man label completely on his own.

https://www.discogs.com/Nathan-Davis-Wi ... e/12646293

20190111_064004_resized.jpg