General vinyl talk here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By texasvinyl
#101759 Sweet find! The HPB by me probably would have that priced for $400. Hell they price common Beatles records at $100! That's a really good Coltrane record.
By Mateo Sanboval
#101793 @Monster - What a killer pull. Love to see/hear about the prestige titles someday.

@Tex - Same here; the local HPB never seems to have any good deals on wax. To the point that I don't really check in anymore.
By monsterworship
Mateo Sanboval wrote:@Monster - What a killer pull. Love to see/hear about the prestige titles someday.

@Tex - Same here; the local HPB never seems to have any good deals on wax. To the point that I don't really check in anymore.

i have 3 local HPB, I almost hate to find good stuff knowing it will be extremely over priced. they all get great stuff though. its so weird because we have an over abundance of great record stores, and HPB pays shit for any collections.

3 days before the last coupon sale I saw a copy of the 1st press of the first Big Star record on the wall for $100, like a dumbass i didn't even think to ask them to hold it, of course it was gone before the first day of the sale. biggest regret of 2017.
By Mateo Sanboval
#101831 Ah, bummer. Still, it's nice/surprising to see that, even with all of the Big Star reissues over the last few years, the OGs still hold some value.
By texasvinyl
#101839 Yeah you always gotta pre-shop the sale the day or two before and do a 48-hour hold on something you want :)

I've gotten surprisingly good stuff from them before just nothing in the past year or two. Got the OG Maniac and The Thing for $10 each. Yet they had some ordinary $10-$15 Morricone on the wall in a glass frame priced at $75. Can't figure them out.
By deafmetal
#101840 I really miss HPB. I used to scour my local one every week back in the Midwest. I can never understand the stores that have weird pricing. It's pretty common to see shops marking up discogs averages by a certain percentage, but some of these odd places either just make it up or there might be one person on staff who checks discogs and everybody else just makes a guess. @texas - your findings are a great example of this.