Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl, The Cult Leader

By chiefbrody
#94030 @ScoJo, you can take credit for the tip off. The play on the DFC was the decider for me.

I'm playing this from a couple of RSDs ago. I hope Dagored have employed a better number writer this year!
Attachments
2017-04-17 13.56.31.jpg
By ScoJo
#94052 Been hunting a NM copy of this for a good while, at a decent price. Snagged! Another superb Varese pressing from the 80s.

Great moody, percussive score for surprisingly low-key, fairly serious-minded Craven Voodoo malarky:

IMG_0111.JPG

@static - I know you're a big fan. I can see why - a terrific stand alone listen!
By ChrisMcQueen007
#94058 @Static: I don't know why but somehow this doesn't surprise me...

Score is on my wishlist (have yet to find one at the right prize). But have just recently bought the Scream Factory blue - hope to be able to revisit the film in glorious HD this upcoming weekend.
By ScoJo
IMG_9678.JPG

A mighty, beautiful score (Oscar-nominated, lost out to Jaws/Williams!) by one of my all-time fave composers.

This is the box set re-issue by Fantasy from 2015, which I happened upon by chance- it's great. You get the LP in replica gatefold sleeve of the now-rare OG release, large poster, 2x badges, and a nice 12 page booklet with plentiful b/ground notes and stills.

All for $20!

You'd be MAD not to get it.....

(aherm)
By Hatter313
ScoJo wrote:
IMG_9678.JPG

A mighty, beautiful score (Oscar-nominated, lost out to Jaws/Williams!) by one of my all-time fave composers.

This is the box set re-issue by Fantasy from 2015, which I happened upon by chance- it's great. You get the LP in replica gatefold sleeve of the now-rare OG release, large poster, 2x badges, and a nice 12 page booklet with plentiful b/ground notes and stills.

All for $20!

You'd be MAD not to get it.....

(aherm)

When this came out I randomly walked into my local store and the owner came up to me with it, said he ordered two, one for himself and figured I'd buy the second. Didn't even know it was a thing, and thrilled to have it. Excellent box set, excellent score, excellent movie.
By ScoJo
#94072 @J.R.-

Jesus Jones!! You can't just drop that shit, all casual and shit. Damn!

I was actually big fan back in the day, still have my signed lp. Ahh, the days of skate berets, things were simpler then...
By tim28212
#94168 Christopher Young ‎– Haunted Summer
Cerberus Records ‎– CST 0215
Any Christopher Young fan who doesn't have this as part of their collection...
Shame
Shame
Shame
Attachments
P4211179.jpg
By ScoJo
#94170 Couldn't agree more, @Tim...

Managed a sweet li'l RSDUK haul today, including Blade Runner, Ciao! Manhattan, Quatermass and the Pit x2, Valerie and her Week of Wonders and Notturno. I passed on Metropolis for now due to the price tag (£35.00 in my local store...) and I need to sample it first. Didn't see Dark Crystal, but did spot Blacula (why?? Isn't that like pretty easy to find a OG?) and 1900 (Morricone in epic/sentimental mode...)

Sure there are others I might have missed, will pick through the bones next week once the smoke clears...for now, I'm spinning a non-RSD which popped thru the letterbox today - long sought to replace my lost copy from waaaay back, love this electronic score!

IMG_9699.jpg
By tim28212
ScoJo wrote:Couldn't agree more, @Tim...

Managed a sweet li'l RSDUK haul today, including Blade Runner, Ciao! Manhattan, Quatermass and the Pit x2, Valerie and her Week of Wonders and Notturno. I passed on Metropolis for now due to the price tag (£35.00 in my local store...) and I need to sample it first. Didn't see Dark Crystal, but did spot Blacula (why?? Isn't that like pretty easy to find a OG?) and 1900 (Morricone in epic/sentimental mode...)

Sure there are others I might have missed, will pick through the bones next week once the smoke clears...for now, I'm spinning a non-RSD which popped thru the letterbox today - long sought to replace my lost copy from waaaay back, love this electronic score!

IMG_9699.jpg

love that score Scojo! May have to spin mine this weekend.

Trying to decide what time I want to head out to RSD. Nothing being released that I feel I need to stand in line an hour for just on the chance I might! get it.