Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Spun out of control
#113655 Anyone any intel on where to snag a copy of the (so far) unreleased extra material from Thom Yorke's Suspiria score?

Seems Yorke put out a tweet yesterday (that I initially missed) and pre-orders have all sold out in an instant:
https://thevinylfactory.com/news/thom-yorke-unreleased-suspiria-soundtrack-limited-edition-vinyl/

Damn, hate it when that happens :)
Attachments
ThomYorke-Suspiria-vinyl-B1.jpg
By Spun out of control
#113659 Completely missed this one - looks like news broke just before Christmas and already shipping: Goblin Reimagine 'Dawn of the Dead' for New Album 'FEARLESS (37513 Zombie Ave)'

Not sure how I feel about that cover art (!)

https://exclaim.ca/film/article/goblin_celebrate_the_40th_anniversary_of_dawn_of_the_dead_with_new_album_fearless_37513_zombie_ave
Attachments
goblin-fearless-vinyl-1000.jpg
By inksb
#113661 What the hell is that cover art? It looks like it was thrown together by some one who just bought photo shop on their iMac G3. oof. Honestly it reminds me a lot of the No Limit records covers from the late 90's
By deafmetal
inksb wrote:What the hell is that cover art? It looks like it was thrown together by some one who just bought photo shop on their iMac G3. oof. Honestly it reminds me a lot of the No Limit records covers from the late 90's

Yikes, they could have done a fan art contest and received much better material. This is why you don't let band members create album artwork.
By Spun out of control
#113667 I did wonder if they were aiming for the band as 'characters in a vintage 1980s video game' look... but it's certainly not clear.

Perhaps it's meant to be a parody...

Or perhaps not.

In any event, as they're Goblin they can do whatever the hell they want, naturally :)
By reddye6
Mateo Sanboval wrote:
reddye6 wrote:The National Pool - Relaxation Tape for Solo Space Travel cassette

This is a new release from a label that I like a lot: Infraction Records. They mainly release ambient music on CD and vinyl. As far as I can tell, this is their first cassette release. It's couched as a relaxation tape for Soviet cosmonauts from a long time ago. You can hear two of the tracks from the bandcamp site, linked above. Limited edition of 100, comes out in mid-January.

I bought this after lying in bed and listening to the sample tracks at 0330 a few days back. It's seriously good. Can't wait to pop this in the Walkman. Thanks for the heads up, Reddye. Much appreciated.

For anyone still interested in this cassette release, there is now a second edition HERE.