Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Purplemule74
#112110 Hello gents -

Been a while since I've posted on the Board, but I figured this was something I enjoyed enough to bring to your attention:

Holy Mountain Printing at [url]holymountainprinting.com[/url] is selling copies of a 7" Tales From Beyond the Pale from McQuaid and Fessenden. If you are not familiar with it, Tales from Beyond the Pale has been releasing some fun radio dramas for a number of years now and I've enjoyed some of them thoroughly. The 7" is reasonably priced, and comes with a color booklet to read along to the story. Check it.

Always enjoy reading the posts from everyone on here. You often turn me on to things I've never heard of before, which I absolutely appreciate. Best to everyone for their holidays.
By ScoJo
Dollarhyde wrote:More fancy moomins ltd edition LP's going up at finderskeepers at some point today apparently.

Where did you clock that, Matt? So thats the felt/stitched bad boys that they did a run off last xmas?
By inksb
#112355 Me too. Although not enough to buy it on vinyl. Especially since it's only 22 minutes long. I'm content with my tape. I am glad they pressed it though, it's a cool release.
By Spun out of control
#112454 Arrow Video are doing more Italian flavoured vinyl:

ADOLFOWAITZMAN’s original soundtrack to the offbeat Italian tale of terror, PENSIONE PAURA (HOTEL FEAR),
directed by FRANCESCO BARILLI

Ltd translucent red 2LP vinyl edition, newly mastered from the original analogue tapes by JAMES PLOTKIN.
Attachments
Arrow Pension Paura.png
By ScoJo
Spun out of control wrote:Arrow Video are doing more Italian flavoured vinyl:

ADOLFOWAITZMAN’s original soundtrack to the offbeat Italian tale of terror, PENSIONE PAURA (HOTEL FEAR),
directed by FRANCESCO BARILLI

Ltd translucent red 2LP vinyl edition, newly mastered from the original analogue tapes by JAMES PLOTKIN.

Ahh fuck! This is a genuine classic!! LOVE this movie, got to see it a few years ago in the cinema where I was projecting, with the director in attendance/ Q&A. An intriguing fellow, but let's just say he was most definitely 'old school' in some of his ideas about certain things ;)
By Spun out of control
#112463 I'll read that as a @ScoJo 'Highly recommended/ two thumbs up'.... :)

Confess I don't recall much about the score... checking it out online now, but sounding fittingly zing-y for a salacious story of sex-crazed hotel guests and murder.
By inksb
#112468 That Arrow release looks pretty sweet. I may have to check that one out. Especially now that I can get Arrow vinyl at a reasonable price here stateside.
By Mateo Sanboval
#112645 Image
(silver exclusive)https://app.vinylmeplease.com/products/featured-exclusives/jonny-greenwood-there-will-be-blood
(black)https://www.juno.co.uk/products/jonny-greenwood-there-will-be-blood-soundtrack/713549-01/
By zuko
Mateo Sanboval wrote:Image
(silver exclusive)https://app.vinylmeplease.com/products/featured-exclusives/jonny-greenwood-there-will-be-blood
(black)https://www.juno.co.uk/products/jonny-greenwood-there-will-be-blood-soundtrack/713549-01/

Hooray, finally! All over this like Daniel Plainview on your milkshake.
By Hatter313
#112712 Not a new release, but a reissue. if anyone hasn't picked up Kurt Stenzel's score to Jodorowsy's Dune yet, its a masterpiece and now available from Mondo under distributed.

One of the best synth scores of the last decade, bar none.
By ScoJo
Hatter313 wrote:Not a new release, but a reissue. if anyone hasn't picked up Kurt Stenzel's score to Jodorowsy's Dune yet, its a masterpiece and now available from Mondo under distributed.

One of the best synth scores of the last decade, bar none.

Have to go along with Das Hatter's appraisal here... it really is that good- unique and flavourful. Loved the doc too of course, and the score is spot on within it.
By inksb
#112721 I'll add to the praise for Jodorowsky's Dune OST. It's quite excellent. I was just listening to it earlier this week. If you are interested edsawesomesounds has their own exclusive Sand Dune variant limited to 200 copies that released this week too.