Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Dollarhyde
ScoJo wrote:This record sounds un-frikkin real...I will no doubt be banging on about this release at length, wherever I'm allowed, but for now (and just as I flip to Side B...) I will just say that the mastering and pressing of this record is blowing my goddam head off. It's like you're in the room with the musicians, in 1971. And I don't think the fact that the music is WORLD DESTROYING is hurting at all either.

Testify!!

Got mine, not had a chance to spin it. However, the gatefold sleeve, archival photos, mini og cinema poster reprint, and inner sleeve notes from the de Roubaix family have me chomping at the bit. Will spin it tomorrow but I'm already wondering, best reissue of 2018 material?
By deafmetal
#109154 @Dollar - Ah, I thought those NTSO albums were listed chronologically on discogs, but there are no dates listed. Here is a Google translation sorted by catalog #:

New TV Sound Orchestra - Brilliant Detective AX-5010
New TV Sound Orchestra - Brothers Detective / Broken Magistrate latest TV theme song collection AX-5021
New TV Sound Orchestra / Rainbow Orchestra - Brilliant Detective / Great City Part II (Latest TV Theme Song Collection) AX-8073

The Great City Part II title was throwing me off. I'm also curious about this one. Same "band"? ;)

Also, glad to see you gents have already received your copies of Daughters of Darkness. US folks, preorders are popping up at Forced Exposure and elsewhere.
By Dollarhyde
#109157 @texas I got very lucky with a Japanese sale (3000 yen). My copy is missing all the extras that really push the price up. The record never came with an obi (it was mail-order only) but it did come packaged in a parcel sent by Kiki herself with a freebie pen, calander, and a couple of inserts. Even the centre label logos (Animage) have been replaced with a Kiki logo.

I'm not a huge fan of most of the score but there are a few good songs and I love the cover. Also my 2 year old daughter is now Kiki obsessed :D.

@deaf

Also how about these?https://www.discogs.com/Various-テレビ映画最新ビッグヒット曲集/release/11319507

https://www.discogs.com/Various-最新テレビ主題歌曲集太陽に吠えろ3-僕たちの旅/release/11319474

I'm curious to hear the big/great city II songs from that LP you have as there are also two big city II LP's released on polydor (as well as a big city and big city III LP) I'm wondering if they are cover versions or not.

I often use the label codes e.g. AX 50 or AX 80 when searching this stuff out. The main reason being this is the only part I can read :D
There are a bunch of great records in the AX-50s.
With anime and Columbia you have CQ-70s and CX-70s, amongst others. Obviously the composer's are also key to it all!
By inksb
#109163 Any one who is poor or impatient (<---I'm both of these!) Daughters of Darkness is on Google Music under the the title Les Lèvres Rouges, I would assume iTunes and Spotify as well. It's fantastic, I can't wait to get a copy.
By NathanLurker
deafmetal wrote:@Nathan - Nice spins. How is Red Dawn? That is a Poledouris I do not have in my collection. I think I will track down a copy. Also, I felt that Goblin album was a really nice surprise.

Oh it's good, if you like 80's military action/adventure flick music, this one is great. theres a bit of electronic music that accompanies the orchestral score, if you like when goldsmith does that, I don't see why you wouldn't like this score. I mean, the best Poledouris are Conan, then Robocop, but then, it's red Dawn. get it if you can.

the Goblin, I like very much. better than the one that got released this yeah (squadra antigangster). Possibly better than Nocturno ? I have to revist that one too.
By inksb
#109172 So I went to lunch at one of my favorite local watering holes today and the bartender I've known for close to 15 years now decided he was going to treat me to a 9oz rocks glass full of still made Tequila that runs $60 a bottle. So I promptly purchased Daughters of Darkness as I got back to the office because my "judgment" has been altered and decided I could afford it. I'll use just about any excuse to spend money I shouldn't.
By Jimmy_Mike
inksb wrote:So I went to lunch at one of my favorite local watering holes today and the bartender I've known for close to 15 years now decided he was going to treat me to a 9oz rocks glass full of still made Tequila that runs $60 a bottle. So I promptly purchased Daughters of Darkness as I got back to the office because my "judgment" has been altered and decided I could afford it. I'll use just about any excuse to spend money I shouldn't.

I do this all the time. :)
By inksb
#109180 This is for the US folks just wanted to let you know that edsawesomesounds has Daughters of Darkness for $31 w/free shipping, in stock now and if you use code SEPTVINYL you get 9% off. Comes out to $28.21, it's the best deal I found. I ordered almost two hours ago and he's already shipped it.

https://edsawesomesounds.com/collection ... w-preorder

@revolver, what do you think of that LP? I've been contemplating blind buying it but I've never seen the film and don't know much about it.
By Revolver_OcelScott
inksb wrote:This is for the US folks just wanted to let you know that edsawesomesounds has Daughters of Darkness for $31 w/free shipping, in stock now and if you use code SEPTVINYL you get 9% off. Comes out to $28.21, it's the best deal I found. I ordered almost two hours ago and he's already shipped it.

https://edsawesomesounds.com/collection ... w-preorder

@revolver, what do you think of that LP? I've been contemplating blind buying it but I've never seen the film and don't know much about it.

I bought it after listening to a sample, really fun album. Enjoyed it. I've put off buying Daughters of Darkness, as I've seen the movie but don't remember the soundtrack. I have it in my cart, let's see if I pull the trigger haha
By Revolver_OcelScott
static14 wrote:@revolver make sure you play it at 45

I really wish all records listed the speed on the record or packaging. I've blind bought some ambient/electronic album's and played them on 33 1/3rpm and they sounded fine, then find out it's supposed to be 45rpm
By ScoJo
Revolver_OcelScott wrote:I've put off buying Daughters of Darkness, as I've seen the movie but don't remember the soundtrack. I have it in my cart, let's see if I pull the trigger haha