Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By milliondollars
#107151 this is a legitimate question actually. the sound has changed a lot after Landscapes/Cityscapes, but i think so did the players and instrumental section. i can really understand how people, who like the earlier stuff, can't get along with the stuff on Athens Of The North label as it got really different.

for me personally, Galaxies Like Grains Of Sand, is really sophisticated (compared to Landscapes/Cityscapes) and almost a little masterpiece but i just can't get into that Honeybear on the other hand.

Nightshade i like a lot more again, but maybe my feelings are controlled by the fact that this looks like a library record from back in the days. it is definitely not a groundbreaking must have record. it's a fun record to me. it is possible that this record blinds me and i would think different if this was a regular album like Honeybear. (oh my god, i am a library addict!)
By milliondollars
#107179 leisure and holliday season is!

the time seems to be right to listen to some tempo libero and vacanze records. another favourite genre of mine and another pointles list is on it's way.

get yourself a proper drink, put your shades on and watch some bikini beauties pass by the beach...

https://www.discogs.com/Gianni-Mazza-Te ... se/5414569
https://www.discogs.com/Raskovich-Braen ... se/7261436

20180726_065724_resized_1.jpg
By milliondollars
#107417 easy freshnes bomb by Dell'Orso who has used the Oscar Lindok pseudonym for (imho) his best releases. never found a cheap OG so i grabbed the Cinedelic reissue which is really outstanding. ultra thick slab of wax and even the cover is super lush. i would love to see more obscure library releases being repress.

highly recommended record for the hot summer days...

https://www.discogs.com/Giacomo-DellOrs ... se/9320365
Attachments
20180801_062902_resized.jpg
By thewaystation
#107459 @million: not too long ago there were all too many library reissues but now the stream has dried up a bit, hasn't it?
What upcoming reissues are you aware of?
Also, which Lindok albums do you like best? Was looking at 'The Rhythm of Life' recently but I think I would like 'Eruzioni' better.
By milliondollars
#107473 @waystation: you are right. new library releases became quite scarce today. the problem might be that there were too many releases out of a sudden. it is like in the early 2000s when Dagored and other labels have flooded the market with italian stuff.

i think it is not easy to move even 500 copies of a record that we consider a masterpiece. many people will not think like us. it seems like labels like Sonor or Cinedelic make their reissue decisions more wisely...

no particular reissues of library that are on my radar but i can see that a lot of stuff gets published digitally (Sonor and Four Flies) for example, as this seems to be cheaper and has less risks doing losses.

never really got into Eruzioni by the way. Rhythm Of Life is the one for me...
Last edited by milliondollars on Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
By milliondollars
#107474 another great Molino record. even if @ScoJo will scorn me [again], i think this is at least on the same level as Under Pompelmo, if not even better...

this record holds some serious psych beat funkynes. it is funny how they took the Lamento Beat jam and devided it in 3 parts. you can clearly hear that this is one take. solid record and another loveyl cover by the great Anna Leonardi (i assume)...

https://www.discogs.com/Mario-Molino-Be ... se/6895155

20180802_064418_resized.jpg
By thewaystation
#107537 ... aaaand another bomb dropped with this Beat Gregoriano lp.
That's quite an impressive portfolio of releases that the Dischi Montecarlo label put together.

Sonor are preparing at least one more New Tape reissue, if I'm not mistaken.
By milliondollars
#107555 have two New Tape releases only, there are other ones that are not worth having IMO. wondering if there are really 100 of each only. this is what the Sonor describtions say on the bandcamp page. i am almost sure that the printing company that did these, had a minimum lot size of 300...
By thewaystation
#107579 Which ones do you like/have? I recently picked up the Ruscigan lp, 'Appunti di guerra', albeit the Canopo version, not the original on New Tape. That's one for the good pile, at least over here.
By milliondollars
#107626 i have Rengran Mix and Mirage. also i have Musicaidea which is the Canopo version of Tropical. these are quite lovely. especially Rengran Mix. that Guerra record is probably not for me but i have never heard it so i better do not judge. also i think Mixed Grill is far from being a great record. if i had the chance to grab these for cheap i would do for collector reasons. ...of course, i would do. who wouldn't? haha!
By milliondollars
#107629 played this De Wolfe a few times over the weekend. some really fine jazzy compositions with the great Alan Parker being involved. seriously, there is nothing wrong with this record. still too many De Wolfe gaps to be filled...

https://www.discogs.com/Various-HoganHa ... se/3159853

20180802_063354_resized.jpg
By ScoJo
milliondollars wrote:this has just popped up at discogs marketplace and the origin plus additional describtion has made my day.

some tasty s**t this is...

termites.JPG

Jesus - collectors in Brazil must have to keep their precious in a lead box surrounded by liquid nitrogen, suspended by magnets to keep the termites at bay!!
By Mateo Sanboval
milliondollars wrote:the mummified and petrified termite dirt costs you about 200 quid. the crappy record you get for free...