Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By bpwlogan
#106710 Nice back to back spins Mateo. I did grab the CD release of ROTN from Varese Sarabande last year and it would be nice to find an affordable copy one day on vinyl. Hopefully, it's on the repress list for them in the future. Such a killer score.
By Mateo Sanboval
bpwlogan wrote:Nice back to back spins Mateo. I did grab the CD release of ROTN from Varese Sarabande last year and it would be nice to find an affordable copy one day on vinyl. Hopefully, it's on the repress list for them in the future. Such a killer score.

I have an *ahem* digital copy of that CD and it is pretty swell to hear the extra tracks. No shame in that.
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:Image

This newly reissued Tom Petty live anthology sounds rock solid. Very cool set. One gripe is the "book" is made so you can't easily turn the pages.

Is this the 7xLP set, Tex?
By Mateo Sanboval
texasvinyl wrote:Yeah same mastering and pressing just reissued. It's probably more Tom Petty than one reasonably needs, but they did a really good job with the pressing.

That's a whole lot of TP. Good for you.
By inksb
ScoJo wrote:
inksb wrote:@ScoJo that Pawnshop LP is awesome. I wish it wasn't so damn expensive otherwise I would have a copy myself.

Inks, remind me where you're located? Pawnshop is 20 British Pounds over at Norman Records :)

I'm US based. It's honestly not terribly priced here. With shipping i think I found it for a little under $30 but I weigh the amount of music with the price as well, so I feel it's way more than I'm willing to spend since it's a pretty short lp.
By ScoJo
inksb wrote:
ScoJo wrote:
inksb wrote:@ScoJo that Pawnshop LP is awesome. I wish it wasn't so damn expensive otherwise I would have a copy myself.

Inks, remind me where you're located? Pawnshop is 20 British Pounds over at Norman Records :)

I'm US based. It's honestly not terribly priced here. With shipping i think I found it for a little under $30 but I weigh the amount of music with the price as well, so I feel it's way more than I'm willing to spend since it's a pretty short lp.

I totally feel you- I mean, it's really not an LP, it's two rare 7" eps across a 12". But man... das musik ist feuer!! :)
By inksb
#106732 @Mateo Great selection for today. Although I've never listened to Room 237 OST, I couldn't get through the first 20 minutes of the film before I shut it and haven't really thought about it since. It's pretty rad that Friedkin signed your LP, where and how did you get that signature? I don't like when people date their signatures though, not sure why but I just never liked that.
By Mateo Sanboval
#106733 Thanks, lads.

@inks - I don't think too much of the Room 237 film itself, but the score is grand. Still, the movie is worth a watch as a character study of conspiracy nuts (no judgement). I think that most people's expectations were of a The Shining expose of sorts and it really isn't about that at all.
By inksb
#106734 Yeah it really felt like I was watching that nut from the Alien show on History channel except it wasn't aliens just ridiculous Shining theories. Which I actually really like reading those, I read about many of them for years and was excited for the film but the documentary felt amateurish to me and I couldn't stand listening to any of the people in there. I will check out the score for sure then. Thanks.
By deafmetal
inksb wrote:Yeah it really felt like I was watching that nut from the Alien show on History channel except it wasn't aliens just ridiculous Shining theories. Which I actually really like reading those, I read about many of them for years and was excited for the film but the documentary felt amateurish to me and I couldn't stand listening to any of the people in there. I will check out the score for sure then. Thanks.

The score is a gem. The Dias Irae cut in particular is an electro-prog jammer:

There are extra tracks on the CD/digital version that are worth a listen as well.
By tim28212
#106748 Dawn of the Dead (Live Soundtrack Experience) - Claudio Simonetti's Goblin
Svart Records ‎– SVART142
54/500 black vinyl
Not sure I'll be keeping this. Got it after missing out on WR's release only for WR to put up their remainders, literally, the following day.
Attachments
P7122236.JPG