Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By inksb
Spun out of control wrote:@Bub

Interesting... sounds like when you're trying to leave the Italo-disco and some drunken idiot is shouting at you and your girlfriend from the other side of the dance floor...

God bless Finders Keepers for re-issuing this type of craziness.

I found Madfilth on Google Music yesterday after seeing the post about Finders Keepers reissuing it. Needless to say it's fucking crazy ass album. If I can score it for roughly $20 I'll be all over it but that $30+ range it's not that important to me. Fun listen either way. My boss walked into my office while I was listening to it and stopped before he got to my desk, asked what I was listening to, I told him, he proceeded to tell me I'm weird and walked away. Completely distracted him from telling me what he wanted to tell me.
By Mateo Sanboval
inksb wrote:
Spun out of control wrote:@Bub

Interesting... sounds like when you're trying to leave the Italo-disco and some drunken idiot is shouting at you and your girlfriend from the other side of the dance floor...

God bless Finders Keepers for re-issuing this type of craziness.

I found Madfilth on Google Music yesterday after seeing the post about Finders Keepers reissuing it. Needless to say it's fucking crazy ass album. If I can score it for roughly $20 I'll be all over it but that $30+ range it's not that important to me. Fun listen either way. My boss walked into my office while I was listening to it and stopped before he got to my desk, asked what I was listening to, I told him, he proceeded to tell me I'm weird and walked away. Completely distracted him from telling me what he wanted to tell me.

Or maybe hearing the Madfilth was just the catalyst for his epiphany that telling you anything would be a futile endeavor?
By reddye6
Mateo Sanboval wrote:1. FACEBOOK KEEPS VITAL UPDATES FROM REACHING OUR FOLLOWERS SO WE DELETED THE PAGE IN ITS ENTIRETY.

2. THIS IS THE NEW PAGE FOR CRUCIAL INFO REGARDING OUR THIRTY EIGHT AND ONE HALF FORTHCOMING RELEASES.*

*THIS PAGE CONTAINS NO ACTUAL RELEASE INFORMATION.**

**DON'T OVERTHINK IT.

Ok, the latest status update on the PDR status update page is that a status update will be posted on Feb. 12.
By Mateo Sanboval
#102754 Is it gonna be expanded? I hope it's gonna be expanded!

it's not gonna be expanded

PS - Seriously, though, I don't understand this. I love this score. Love. It. Heck, I even have the Intrada 3xCD set. However, it's not terribly hard to come by. In fact, it just got reissued a couple of years ago and there are still copies on shelves everywhere for $20-25. Maybe theres more info coming, but without extra cues (of which there are quite a few), I'm probably out on this one.
By Hatter313
#102850 Darn expanded would have been lovely. I could....and have....listened to the opening cut on repeat endlessly
By Bezulsqy
jgibbs4053 wrote:Image

I had no idea as well. But using this service called googol I learned the following:

Queen of Earth is a 2015 American psychological thriller film directed and written by Alex Ross Perry. The film stars Elisabeth Moss, Katherine Waterston and Patrick Fugit.

Plot:
Catherine and Virginia, two women who grew up together, spend a week together at a lake house retreat, as they did the previous year. This time, however, Catherine's mood (and possibly her sanity) has been affected by the death of her father, as well as the ending of a relationship, and the women realize they have drifted apart.

Music by Keegan DeWitt

By ScoJo
#102894 Guys n dolls....

Queen of Earth (the film) is really good. Influenced by a ScoJo favourite, if I'm not mistaken... Altman's 'Three Women'.

And the score is also really, really good- has a main recurring theme which, once heard, is hard to forget. Seems that the soundcloud stream has been removed (poss since the WW release announcement), but here's a sample of another piece, the title theme:

http://www.artofthetitle.com/title/queen-of-earth/

Dare say this is quite the change of pace for WW, and can't see how it would have fit with the label when they started out, but speaks of the broadening of their titles which was signalled by Jay Shaw's new logo/re-branding a couple of years ago.
I love it.
By reddye6
#102900 I took a look so you don't have to: the latest installment of dates from Pure Destructive

Galaxy of Terror

Due to start shipping around 02/26/2018

Liquid Filled will follow 10 days later

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre : The Shocking Truth LP

Due to start shipping to us from the plant 02/23/2018

Liquid filled will follow 7 days later.

Night of the Comet

Due to ship last week of Feb 2018

Liquid Filled 10 days later

Heavy duty jackets are currently being made for liquid filled records.

XTRO Liquid Filled

Due to ship last week of Feb. Heavy duty jackets are currently being made.

The Stuff

First week of March

The Exterminator

Mid March

There will be no more releases from Mid March to May.

In May we will make titles announced in the 2018 subscription available to buy, after they have been pressed up, and we have them in stock.
By NathanLurker
#102902 huh. Interesting, Tim. I remember preordering the Hobbit (desolation of smaug, I think) score on vinyl on amazon, only for that product to never see the light of day, in the end. Obviously this is a great score, probably a must have. 5LP ? I suppose it's the vinyl edition from this : Discogs link
By NathanLurker
reddye6 wrote:(...) the latest installment of dates from Pure Destructive(...)

Well that's good to know. if this does turn out to work, I would probably order 'The Stuff'' and ''Exterminator'' (assuming they are still available).
By reddye6
NathanLurker wrote:
reddye6 wrote:(...) the latest installment of dates from Pure Destructive(...)

Well that's good to know. if this does turn out to work, I would probably order 'The Stuff'' and ''Exterminator'' (assuming they are still available).

Except it's already a bit suspect. They listed the titles for which they were going to have updates, and they had TST on there (The Southern Tenant). The actual update doesn't list this title at all now.

When I reached out to PDR a month or so ago for an update on this, he said that it was going to be a very small run (around 50) because of lack of pre-orders. This is all well and good, but, honestly, how difficult is it to give complete updates on products?
By NathanLurker
#102906 Ah, Well I selfishly cared mostly about the TCM doc OSt, the Galaxy of Terror Ost, and Night of the Comet OSt updates. I suppose silence on The Southern Tenants means that either they're having problems with it, or are still figuring out things regarding that release.

The fact they want to wait until they have titles in hand in the future is good, but yeah that label's been on shaky grounds for a while now.
By deafmetal
tim28212 wrote:Looks like this is finally happening. This is the only announcement I've been able to find about it.

Lord Of The Rings

Excellent news. I hope it translates well to vinyl. I started a LotR OST thread a while ago if anybody is interested in discussing the topic. Also, I had no idea those expanded CD box sets were selling for such high prices on discogs, wow.
By tim28212
#102920 someone posted this on twitter today
maybe gonna happen
I also got an email from ElusiveDiscs yesterday that advertised it and had Rhino Records as the label putting it out.
Attachments
DV7fSxlW0AAFOx9.jpg
By Hatter313
#102921 I'd grab that for sure.
By Mateo Sanboval
#102958 Here's a label I don't know called Song Cycle dropping a Solaris: Sound and Vision box set.
http://www.songcyclerecords.com/solaris/
It apparently contains Atemiev's score on LP and CD as well as Tarkovsky's film on region free blu-ray. A cursory Google search yields several listings but no info on which recording of the score or which master of the film. Odd details to leave out. That said, it does include a hardcover book that supposedly has unseen pic from the set. Might be of interest to some folks.

The First score-related RSD title I've come across:
https://www.shinybeast.nl/item/455581/morricone_ennio_drammi_gotici_ost.html
It appears to be an LP version of this:
https://www.discogs.com/Ennio-Morricone-Drammi-Gotici/master/734990
Sound clips via YouTube on the Discogs page above.