Talk about films scores here.

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By DigitalHiss
#100491 Pure Destructive Records "un-release" heads up. This posted on the Spettro Family FB page:

"from the last email i got from david from the label pure destructive records : the vinyl it's not going to happen (so he never pressed this basically ??? )
he's going to refund all of you straight away.
please consider the pre order for this record was on March 18 - first release date was June 29 - me i never saw a test press, i never received one cent of the payment for licensing and the record it's sold out since several months now......
he just keep on delay the release date every week
i enclose a list of website were you can CERTAINLY find this record"
(he then linked to bandcamp/spotify,etc.)

If this is true then what the hell has PDR been doing with my money the past eight months? Scrolling through the PDR FB page he says on 9/25 the Spettro LP has been "pressed up".

Although this is just one side of it (I'm eagerly awaiting what PDR has to say) I'm heavily leaning towards PDR being a sketchy label at this point. I don't know if PDR is active here, but I know Spettro is - I'm sure he'll chime in.

It's a great album. I hope another label picks it up and gets it out there.
By reddye6
#100494 Also from Spettro's Facebook page, and I did indeed just get a refund notice.

Hello Everybody
there is an important update about the vinyl glow in the dark
it's weeks i'm going mad about this.
it's not only the delay ( 9 months since the pre order )
it's an absurd, unbelievable, terrifying amount of emails and facebook messages , etc.
this one it's only the last in time of a very long list
there are not pictures of the records yet, but he sent me the records somehow....but guess what ? the tracking number does not exist
As i'm writing this i keep receive emails : one email goes " you got to wait or i cancel the order "
the next " i'm not going to cancel the order , costumers will be upset "

this must be some kind of joke : now he can tell YOU 1000 stories but i have all the messages and i mean, all of them saved apart

ALL THIS IT'S ABSOLUTELY INSANE AND INCORRECT !!!!!
By reddye6
#100495 And the PDR web site is currently not available -- message that it's being updated. Says it'll be live at 8 pm tonight (but it doesn't say what time zone).
By DigitalHiss
reddye6 wrote:And the PDR web site is currently not available -- message that it's being updated. Says it'll be live at 8 pm tonight (but it doesn't say what time zone).

Right after I read that FB post from Spettro I went to the PDR website and the Spettro LP wasn't there at all.
By reddye6
#100499 The site is back up. No real changes other than Spettro being gone. Doesn't look like the other release dates have been updated (Texas Chainsaw is still saying October release).
By skeletonbutt
skeletonbutt wrote:Well that's not good news. I hope one day I actually receive my copy of Xtro.

...and I received my copy of Xtro today. Hope he can sort things out and everyone gets what they ordered. I will hold off ordering anything from him in the future.
By slik
#100548 PDR is a strange beast. Having waited an age for Xtro, my original order of Terrortron/Spettro Family, I was reticent to order more, went with Galaxy of Terror/The Southern Tenant......Now refunded for part of an order placed in March, still no Xtro (Transmission got them?), no Terrortron, I'm wondering what the problem is. Ah! No, I do know what the problem is.......The "pre-order" shambles that is record buying these days. It is always "pressing plant delays", "cover art failure", "bad pressings" and on and on.....This is an issue with all "our" bespoke labels. I do remember a few years back we were going to dispense with multiple colours, excessive low runs and just release records. I personally believe releases should be available, not a projection, and I'm sorry I do not subscribe to the "licensing" theory. Don't put titles up for sale unless you have them to send out, or go crowd funding......Pretty pictures, empty promises, don't cut it.
By reddye6
slik wrote:PDR is a strange beast. Having waited an age for Xtro, my original order of Terrortron/Spettro Family, I was reticent to order more, went with Galaxy of Terror/The Southern Tenant......Now refunded for part of an order placed in March, still no Xtro (Transmission got them?), no Terrortron, I'm wondering what the problem is. Ah! No, I do know what the problem is.......The "pre-order" shambles that is record buying these days. It is always "pressing plant delays", "cover art failure", "bad pressings" and on and on.....This is an issue with all "our" bespoke labels. I do remember a few years back we were going to dispense with multiple colours, excessive low runs and just release records. I personally believe releases should be available, not a projection, and I'm sorry I do not subscribe to the "licensing" theory. Don't put titles up for sale unless you have them to send out, or go crowd funding......Pretty pictures, empty promises, don't cut it.

Hopefully, your Terrortron will be in the mail soon if PDR was waiting to mail it with Spettro. Did you get a shipping notice for Xtro at least? I got my LP a few weeks ago, and I'm in the US. It's interesting on that release that the top-left corner of the cover art has a dove, which was on the CD-R version of Xtro and not on the original LP.

I'm in the same boat, with outstanding orders for Texas Chainsaw, The Southern Tenant, and Galaxy of Terror. I've also stopped ordering from them until I start to see some more deliveries, and there is no way I'll purchase that upcoming subscription. Sometimes things happen with production, but in those circumstances labels like Terror Vision have been great with transparency, communication, and eventual delivery. I can say that I got my PayPal notice quickly from PDR for Spettro, but the whole circumstance as outlined by Spettro himself is just batty.

This is also why in another thread I mentioned that I wrote to the label putting out the soundtrack to Montauk Chronicles -- something that a bunch of us ordered back in 2014 and is still listed as pre-order -- to refund me AND to another label from which I bought a 7-LP series back in 2011 and they only delivered 3 LPs to also refund me the difference. I'm not holding my breath, though.
By slik
#100550 What gets me.... liquid filled variants, an excessive roster of releases before your first drop. Get your opening salvo a winner, and people will follow you, support you..... Though to be honest I have frustrations with WW, Death Waltz and Mondo at present. I feel I'm investing, rather than buying......Sad thing is, I'll continue with the madness !!!
By NathanLurker
#100551 A thought here, though : Death Waltz/Mondo/OWS have all been pretty good at releasing, for distribution, titles on black wax. Data Discs haev a pretty cool model regarding colorways. I wish Waxwork would do that too. I'm glad the nightmare on elm street is black wax. I have nothing against haveing color editions. It's just very very nice to get the choice of same package on black wax. In the past, I would jump on a limited edition if it had extra content. But these days it often happens that the limited version is the same as the distribution edition except that the limited one is colored and produced in a lower number. In those cases I really don't mind saving myself the stress of a drop and going straight for the distribution stores.
By sonnydexter
reddye6 wrote:
slik wrote:PDR is a strange beast. Having waited an age for Xtro, my original order of Terrortron/Spettro Family, I was reticent to order more, went with Galaxy of Terror/The Southern Tenant......Now refunded for part of an order placed in March, still no Xtro (Transmission got them?), no Terrortron, I'm wondering what the problem is. Ah! No, I do know what the problem is.......The "pre-order" shambles that is record buying these days. It is always "pressing plant delays", "cover art failure", "bad pressings" and on and on.....This is an issue with all "our" bespoke labels. I do remember a few years back we were going to dispense with multiple colours, excessive low runs and just release records. I personally believe releases should be available, not a projection, and I'm sorry I do not subscribe to the "licensing" theory. Don't put titles up for sale unless you have them to send out, or go crowd funding......Pretty pictures, empty promises, don't cut it.

Hopefully, your Terrortron will be in the mail soon if PDR was waiting to mail it with Spettro. Did you get a shipping notice for Xtro at least? I got my LP a few weeks ago, and I'm in the US. It's interesting on that release that the top-left corner of the cover art has a dove, which was on the CD-R version of Xtro and not on the original LP.

I'm in the same boat, with outstanding orders for Texas Chainsaw, The Southern Tenant, and Galaxy of Terror. I've also stopped ordering from them until I start to see some more deliveries, and there is no way I'll purchase that upcoming subscription. Sometimes things happen with production, but in those circumstances labels like Terror Vision have been great with transparency, communication, and eventual delivery. I can say that I got my PayPal notice quickly from PDR for Spettro, but the whole circumstance as outlined by Spettro himself is just batty.

This is also why in another thread I mentioned that I wrote to the label putting out the soundtrack to Montauk Chronicles -- something that a bunch of us ordered back in 2014 and is still listed as pre-order -- to refund me AND to another label from which I bought a 7-LP series back in 2011 and they only delivered 3 LPs to also refund me the difference. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Last few emails ive had with PDR (links as pics looked massive!).... he even said was shipping Saturday, never did get that tracking though hmmm!

Ive mailed again for an update ....

Mind you he said shipping Sep then Oct, so I'm not surprised really.

November
https://ibb.co/eZGf8R

October
https://ibb.co/hSUBF6

September
https://ibb.co/ngtP2m
By Mateo Sanboval
blue15 wrote:PROM NIGHT lp now available from Ruined Vibes (same label that did the recent FUN HOUSE lp) @ $35

http://ruinedvibes.bigcartel.com/produc ... soundtrack

This is limited to 500. This is the first time Prom Night has been issued on vinyl in the IS. We were lucky enough to get our hands on a bunch of these. Ships separately from everything but Funhouse.
By DigitalHiss
#100699 A day or two ago I got my refund from Pure Destructive Records for the Spettro Family LP...no explanation on FB or through email on why.

But to stay with the NEW Release thread title...it looks like Time Slave Recordings will be putting it out. Pre-orders begin 12/15.

I don't own any Time Slave releases and have never ordered from them before. Hoping I don't get had again for another 8 months...
By deafmetal
milliondollars wrote:IS = Islamistic State

Islamic State is funding terrorism through soundtrack vinyl bootlegs? It all makes sense now. Ruined Vibes, indeed.
By Mateo Sanboval
deafmetal wrote:
milliondollars wrote:IS = Islamistic State

Islamic State is funding terrorism through soundtrack vinyl bootlegs? It all makes sense now. Ruined Vibes, indeed.

I'm not too proud to admit that I've bought a few grey market releases in my day, but even I cannot give money to this.

blue15 wrote:STAR WARS: A NEW HOPE 40th Anniversary 3-lp hologram box set with 48-page hard cover book on 180-gram vinyl - $22.99 on Amazon.com right here.
StarWars.jpg

Pricing error of the season right there.

PS - While it lasted.