Moderators: The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By Hatter313
inksb wrote:What are people's thoughts on the Salem's Lot score and Waxworks release of it? I snagged it from ebay recently for $27 and I can't wait to give it a spin.

Love that score, i was thrilled that they gave it a proper release. it was that release that made me think IT may have been in the works well before it was announced since those licenses seem to travel together for some reason.

My copy is whisper quiet, one of the my favorite releases from them.
By Mateo Sanboval
Hatter313 wrote:
inksb wrote:What are people's thoughts on the Salem's Lot score and Waxworks release of it? I snagged it from ebay recently for $27 and I can't wait to give it a spin.

Love that score, i was thrilled that they gave it a proper release...

...My copy is whisper quiet, one of the my favorite releases from them.

Same here. I held off on buying it because of the wacky tripe colored frisky dingo variants, but I was assured by our STBC Brethren that there was nothing to fear. And so it came to pass. Great score. Great pressing. And I'm fairly picky, to say the least, when it comes to buying orchestral scores for stand alone listening.
By havershaw

I have the blue/white marble and I love it too. Great pressing, and the score is killer. I’m so happy they gave that one the proper release it deserved.
By inksb
#109586 Salem's Lot is fantastic. I love the artwork and packaging. The pressing is good, I have a little stuff in the starting grooves but it doesn't transition into the first track so it's all good. The marbled wax is cool too. But the important thing is I love the score, the music is excellent.
By Hatter313
inksb wrote:Over at IG....https://www.instagram.com/p/BoHRQZTBcs5 ... orkrecords

I am a TMNT nut, this has me insanely excited.

So i thought it was the 'burbs given the quote, but apparently its not...interesting
By NathanLurker
#109622 It's not a title I'm particularly interested in, even though I watched the VHS we had, me and my brother, A LOT. I liked the TMNT very much when I was young, and I played Turtles in a Time so many times, but it's not a franchise I stayed that much affectionate about over the years. I might pick it up anyway, but I'm kind of feeling neutral about it and not that excited to ...erm... shell out... the money to buy it.
By Mateo Sanboval
#109674 I like that WW does this sale, but there's never anything for me in it. Since they don't release pressing numbers as a practice, I just buy whatever I want the moment it comes out. Even though I'm a bit pickier about what I spend my money on these days, I still don't have of their releases I'm on the fence about. Oh well, more meat for the meat eaters.
By NathanLurker
#109678 You have to click on individual titles, some of them are on sale but the sale price isn't showing on the shop 'list' page, it's only showing on the single product page.

I'm thinking of catching up on quite a few that I'm missing. Kong, House, Queen of Earth, Pilopriest & Logan's Run. Wil lthink about it. getting paid thursday so. might order then.

I guess we can use subber discount ?
By inksb
#109720 Pilotpriest is at the top of the list of ones to purchase, at the sale price it's a steal for a triple LP. Did they say how long this sale was going on for?
By inksb
#109937 Waxwork really knocking out of the park on this release. Actually partnering with Kevin Eastman to do the artwork is perfect , especially for fans of TMNT. I'm hoping this "Shredder Varient" is just the colorway (as silver and maroon is Shredders colors) and that album artwork is standard.

https://twitter.com/waxworkrecords/stat ... 1143399425
By inksb
#110335 Black
Blue (Leo)
Orange (Mikey)
Purple (Donnie)
Red (Raph)
Pink (???)
Yellow (assuming April but she doesn't wear yellow in the film)
White (Casey?)
Green (Turtles) - seems to be kind of a burst, it's not solid
Light Blue (???)
Grey (Shredder) - seems to be kind of a burst, it's not solid

That's what I can see in the shitty boomerang video they posted