Show off your latest purchase here & make the hordes jealous of your haul

Moderators: Little Walter, The Cult Leader, lazyben, NMA, static14, texasvinyl

By deafmetal
#115043 FYI, the near mint red label copies that popped up recently are legit:

Looks like somebody found some dead stock in Europe. What's even more amazing though is that this treasure shipped in a tiny flimsy mailer halfway across the world and then through winter storm Maya up the west coast, including delivery to my home in sideways pouring rain here today -- and the package was pristine without a single crushed corner or water stain. I must have cashed in some serious karma to pull that off. o_O
By Mateo Sanboval
#115044 That is a (belated) Christmas miracle, Deaf. My packages aren't getting delivered because my address is "inaccessible". And don't think they mean just my house specifically; our walkway and porch are shovelled and clear. It's just that, well, everything is pretty much inaccessible right now.
By Bezulsqy
deafmetal wrote:FYI, the near mint red label copies that popped up recently are legit:

Looks like somebody found some dead stock in Europe. What's even more amazing though is that this treasure shipped in a tiny flimsy mailer halfway across the world and then through winter storm Maya up the west coast, including delivery to my home in sideways pouring rain here today -- and the package was pristine without a single crushed corner or water stain. I must have cashed in some serious karma to pull that off. o_O

Nice one @Deaf.
Did these actually sell for around 50 euro? If only I had known.
Feel free to share a picture of all your Manhattan Babies together ;-)
By deafmetal
#115067 @Mateo - Unreal snow in the Puget Sound area. Portland has received too much warm air from the south though, so it's been mostly rain in the metro area and river valley. If you try to drive up the Columbia Gorge though you will likely die...

@Bez - Yeah, multiple copies sold for between 50-60 euro. I'm not sure how many, but discogs should update the sold items statistics in the near future. I thought it might have been a bootleg pressing at first, but decided it was worth the risk.
By inksb
#115099 I'd love a gift anytime @Bez :p

Seriously though, these last few gifts you given yourself have been stellar. I'd like to know your thoughts on the two bonus tapes for All Hallows II. Where did you get that Blue Velvet?
By J.R.
#115110 yeah, and who REALLY needs TWO kidneys?

They cost me a bunch but the guy who gets them for me prices his stuff pretty fair, I think. I mean, I pay a premium but I get good copies of what I want!
By J.R.
ScoJo wrote:Some terrific soundtracks there, JR.

And also Shocker.

;-)

I still find it hilarious that Megadeth were hired to destroy an Alice Cooper song, and then Cooper had to record the ridiculous Shocker song.
By ScoJo
J.R. wrote:
ScoJo wrote:Some terrific soundtracks there, JR.

And also Shocker.

;-)

I still find it hilarious that Megadeth were hired to destroy an Alice Cooper song, and then Cooper had to record the ridiculous Shocker song.

Bingo.